Advice for Tall Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW! I saw this thread and took a look. At 5' 11" I thought I was tall. I now feel short compared you guys commenting here.

I'm 6'5" and about 200 pounds.

I use the AquaLung Pro HD BCD. It is much longer than some of the other ones I've tried so I enjoy that.

I also have Large Tall wetsuits since the extra arm and leg length makes them fit much better.

6'2" 240 lbs. I consider myself a tall diver as I'm usually the tallest in my dive groups. XL suits seem to fit me well, but my Waterproof W30 (in XL) feels a tad too short in the torso (I have a long back). Would have liked the legs to be two inches longer also, but oh well....I wanted the suit for my last PDC trip and I couldn't wait for an XXL to come in. Might just buy the XXL and sell the XL or give it to the kid.

My XL Fusion Bullet fits me nicely, though I may spring for a larger pair of boots....the size 12 boots that are normally good for me won't allow thicker socks in there without my feet feeling too cramped.

I dive 100s at home, but getting closer to matching air consumption of the wee people I dive with lol. I dont argue about weights, I just go get my own when on the boat because like you said they always try to give me less.

At 6'3" and 220 I look for a XLT and that is usually in the wheelhouse of being a really good fit.
Sometimes just an XL will fit fine but those are the exception and not the rule.

As a woman who stands 6', with a 6'10" husband: here's what we've learned:
  • Henderson wetsuits fit long. XLT fits my husband (bit shy in the wrists).
  • Size 17 Converse Chuck Taylors make decent drysuit boots.
Drysuits are the most challenging.
  • Being man-sized, but not man-shaped, I had to go for a 4X Fusion Bullet to fit my height, hips and chest, relying on the stretchy outer skin to gather up the excess elsewhere.
  • Husband had to go DUI Custom. But so far that's the only custom item he's needed.
  • Fourth Element thermals worked best for both of us

As a woman who stands 6', with a 6'10" husband: here's what we've learned:
  • Henderson wetsuits fit long. XLT fits my husband (bit shy in the wrists).
  • Size 17 Converse Chuck Taylors make decent drysuit boots.
Drysuits are the most challenging.
  • Being man-sized, but not man-shaped, I had to go for a 4X Fusion Bullet to fit my height, hips and chest, relying on the stretchy outer skin to gather up the excess elsewhere.
  • Husband had to go DUI Custom. But so far that's the only custom item he's needed.
  • Fourth Element thermals worked best for both of us
One more shoe size up and I would have been looking at a custom. If I hadn’t found the boots that fit, I was going to go the converse route. The Henderson Thermoprene suit is really great comfort and fit. For a BCD I use an XL Scubapro Nighthawk. Most importantly it has plenty of lift (32 lbs), but is probably on the short side (after 6 or so seasons, I don’t really know any different)

For a BCD I use an XL Scubapro Nighthawk. Most importantly it has plenty of lift (32 lbs), but is probably on the short side (after 6 or so seasons, I don’t really know any different)

The knighthawk is 44 lbs of lift in that size. Not 32.

6'8" 240lbs sz 15"shoe
I've been drysuit researching but have only found one off the rack that would fit me that's the fusion bullet.
Does anyone know of other manufacturers that make suits in giant size ?

As another 6'8" guy 240 lbs I'm also looking into getting a fussion bullet
4x
I am 6'4 and have a fusion 4xl fits me fine but my son is 6'7 and he thought it felt a little to short ? If you can try one on first might be a good idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom