Advice for return trip to PG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scofield

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all!
Was in PG last year and had one of the most fantastic times ever. I've now caught the bug and planning a return trip in late Oct/early Nov.

Last trip i did my OW and AOW with Asia Divers and stayed at Club Mabuhay (El Galleon was full). They were great and would certainly repeat again.

However this time i would like to stay in Sabaing to be nearer the nightlife and minimise the walk to Small La Laguna. I know its really not that far, but at 3am after a couple of SMLs, it can seem like forever :drunks:

Can anyone advise of a decent accommodation (clean, a/c, pool with some privacy) and dive center (small group, flexible dive times)?
I'll probably be only doing leisure dives, but might do the padi EFR/rescus course as well.

I'm aware of some of the usual names (big apple, capn greggs), but would appreciate any other recommendations.

Cheers

Small but established dive operators on Sabang that I am familiar with are Frontier and South Sea. Both of them use Angelyn and Step Terrace for their clients to stay. The independent cottages especially those from Step Terrace certainly give you privacy and damn good sea view if you do not mind the steps after coming back from the bar at 3am!!!!!!

Mermaids is very nice and close to the bars, but a bit expensive... I would definetly go with Captn Gregs as I know several of the instructors currently working there who are very good (Ethei Robrigado and Mark Cox). But there are many good small operators. Waiting till you get there to shop around and ask questions is definetly a viable option.
:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom