advanced Suunto settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamiei

Reaction score
my dealer told me that they could reset my Cobra to like it was new. I know i can reset the maximum depth, but they say they can reset the dive time and total numbe of dives to (0) and delete all logged dives. Does anyone know if and how this is possible? I would like to be able to delete dives in the computer's dive log after I download them to my PC. I believe the manager at the LDS said she would just leave the battery out for an hour or so and it would "clean" the memory. They are also an authorized dealer/servicer of suunto.

Suunto aren't very open with info about 'fiddling' with their computers. The rep I spoke to said that they like have some info permanently stored on the watch so if it comes in with a problem they know exactly what has happened to it.

Not sure what type of memory they use but taking the battery out might reset it.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that taking the battery out wont reset a lock-out either. Maybe it has non-volatile memory which can only be erased with specific software or electronically.

I have done a little bit of hacking of the Suunto protocol but I haven't found anything that will totally reset it.

first let me clarify somthing , most of the manufacters has a memory chip that keeps track even if you wear to erase the info reason being libility and being able to check settings info ect after dive accident , there is a section which the owner /operwter never can get acces too but the manufacture can .

highlight those dives that are not yours or others like bouces and such you don't want on your dive manager, right click and "ignore". They will no longer show on you "log" in dive manager. Do enough dives and eventually, all of the "dives in the computers memory" will be yours......

tony

i figured that one out, but when I upload dives from my dive computer to my PC again, doesn't it upload all the dives in its history (including the ones i want to ignore) or does it "know" that those dives have been uploaded already and not duplicate them?

Back
Top Bottom