Advanced Diver - first time to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60:
Dive with Martin www.divewithmartin.com has what is called a 'king diver' package this is designed for advaced and technical divers.
I doubt this will satisfy the original poster, who sounds like he's looking for deep/deco/technical.

Dive With Martin is a great dive op, but the King Diver program isn't all that special -- it's more akin to the "fast boat" option of some other dive ops. In fact, a couple years ago they put me on the "King Diver" boat and I didn't realize it until the 2nd day when a couple guys were talking about how great it was to be on the special boat with special tanks. I was still coming up last with my AL80s, and until then just thought that Martin was simply providing bigger tanks for air hogs. :wink:

As 5615Mike noted, http://www.divecozumel.net/technical.html is a technically oriented operation.

---------------

Vanderark1 -- you might also check into cenote dives. There is a lot of great cenote diving on the mainland, and a few "ok" spots on island.

Charlie99:
I doubt this will satisfy the original poster, who sounds like he's looking for deep/deco/technical.

Dive With Martin is a great dive op, but the King Diver program isn't all that special -- it's more akin to the "fast boat" option of some other dive ops. In fact, a couple years ago they put me on the "King Diver" boat and I didn't realize it until the 2nd day when a couple guys were talking about how great it was to be on the special boat with special tanks. I was still coming up last with my AL80s, and until then just thought that Martin was simply providing bigger tanks for air hogs. :wink:

As 5615Mike noted, http://www.divecozumel.net/technical.html is a technically oriented operation.

---------------

Vanderark1 -- you might also check into cenote dives. There is a lot of great cenote diving on the mainland, and a few "ok" spots on island.

Charlie, those ScubaPro Steel 95's Martin uses for the "King Diver Program".........they only fill them to 2000psi. DWM has a nice operation and I use them when I dont dive with Aldora, but that "program" is a joke........oh, IMO. Everyone on the boat dives the same site and times whether your on the special program or not. Definately not worth the extra funds. If your willing to spend the extra funds, Dive with Aldora and sue the steel 95's. My last dive with Aldora, Marricaibo - 136 fsw for :59 minutes with 8 minutes of deco. What an awsome dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom