Adv EANx and Deco Theory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VaJames

Reaction score
I am now a bonafied card carrying stroke because I can breathe air down to 150ft. lol I went to 40 Fathom this weekend and did the check out dives for Adv EANx and Deco Theory (TDI). It was a rather uneventful training trip. I was kinda pi$$ed about my deco tank. It was a steel 72. I was under the impression that we would be using aluminum 40's. I am diving double 104's and I was rather negative. That is about the only thing that I have to complain about regarding the entire course. My class was only myself, one other student and our instructor. When we arrived in Fl were found out that only one other group would be there that weekend. Turns out it was another group out of Va. Va Scuba was down there doing there Trimix check out dives. The weather was not really cooperative and RH from Va Scuba let me on the real DIR secret. It was raining hard as hell and thundering and lightning and he proclaimed that DIR really stands for Doing it Regardless!! When we surfaced after our dive that morning the storm had passed. This was my first trip to 40 Fathom and I was amazed at how dark it is there. After you drop passed about 50 feet you have to look up to see any ambient light. That was also the first real test for my new HID. The other guy that took the course with me had one of those damn head mounted nite rider halogens. It was only good for blinding me and our instructor. Well I cannot wait to put this training to good use. Moorehead next weekend, John Morgan in July, and St. Lawrence in August. BTW if you live in Va there are still 4 spots left for that trip. $695 a piece, trans, lodging, and boat fee's.

James
:getsome:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom