Adjustable Harness/Quick Release Webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DR TransPac harness (yeah, like you wanted to spend money on a whole new harness...), or.....

DSS sells a "softer" webbing...... is it soft enough to do what you are intending? I don't know. It does work well in the glide adapter he offers...

Transpac. Now that is funny.

History: Wife is a relatively new diver and previously she used my 10 yr. old Transpac since I went to aluminum BP/W. She liked the Transpac, but wanted and deserved something new that fit her properly. Plus, I never really liked how the Dive Rite Travel wing vented. You need to go vertical and raise your left shoulder.

We both got the Oxycheq soft plate and DSS 17 pound wings for our warm water travel dive trips. Fast forward, after issues with the hog harness even with the Oxycheq plate waist/shoulder adjustment ability, I bought her an Oxycheq adjustable harness last week. Found out it's not easily adjustable and today ordered some soft webbing from Strapworks.

Last edited:
actually, I miss-spoke. Meant TransPlate harness.....

Dive Rite Transplate harness will not work with the Oxycheq soft plate.

Transplate uses a metal side plate to connect the shoulder webbing to the waist webbing. Oxycheq soft backplate needs the lower shoulder webbing and waist webbing to be one piece.

Hopefully the flat nylon uncoated webbing from Strapworks is the right stiffness. Soft enough that is slides easily, stiff enough it holds in the buckles. It's definitely the cheapest solution to try.

If the lighter strapping will not bite in the buckles you may be able to make a pass through to add a stationary layer and firm up the closure.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom