Adjustable Harness decision: Transplate or Oxycheq adjustable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_moron

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello

I'm going with an adjustable harness system. My question is which of the these two brands present better value, quality, and comfort: Oxycheq's adjustable or Diverite's Transplate?

Thanks in advance for any comments and feedback.

I dive the Transplate. In reality, the only reason is because I got the whole rig at a great price new and it was the harness that came with it. Having said that, I do like it very well.

I tried both and I bought the OxyCheq. I won't say there was anything "wrong" with the Transplate. But I wasn't a fan of the plates that held the shoulder straps to the waist belt. The Oxy weaves into the backplateplate like a continuous web harness, no additional plates and the harness that comes from the shoulders IS the harness for the waist belt. They're not separate pieces connected.

The other factor that pushed me towards Oxy was the wing. I was much more impressed with the new Mach V than any of the DR wings, the Oxy had the roll control (no STA needed) and I wanted a full 360 bladder.

I love my OxyCheq adjustable harness and my Mach V wing. I don't think the DR is a bad product in any way, I just preferred the design of the Oxy.

Scuba Moron

I dive a DR transplate & it works well for my style of diving. Honestly oxycheq, DR, OMS are all going to be similar & give you great service. The one piece webbing harness is alot more difficult to adjust once setup. You'll have to move just about all your D-rings & its a guessing game. The Transplate (or similar set up) are adjusted by simply pulling the shoulder strap webbing. The transplate is nice because you can simply unclip the shoulder harness from the waist belt to dump your gear.

Dirkadiver:
Scuba Moron

IThe transplate is nice because you can simply unclip the shoulder harness from the waist belt to dump your gear.

So does the OxyCheq adjustable he's asking about.

I realize that Rico. If you noticed the beginning of my post, I made mention that some of the more popular Manufacturers harnesses were comparable. I specifically referred to the Transplate because, again, as stated in my post, that's what I dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom