Sizing a BP/W harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not everyone has great mobility and flexibility
Honestly, that's not needed if entering elbow first into a loose shoulder strap. If you're putting your harness on like a coat, reaching backwards and fishing for the arm strap... yeah, that's harder than necessary and would indeed require mobility/flexibility or a way to really loosen up the strap (i.e., the device you linked). The video I linked demos what I'm talking about, albeit underwater. On land, you can insert the right elbow second and hold the long-hose (attached to the right d-ring) to give yourself a "hole" for the elbow.

Honestly, that's not needed if entering elbow first into a loose shoulder strap. If you're putting your harness on like a coat, reaching backwards and fishing for the arm strap... yeah, that's harder than necessary and would indeed require mobility/flexibility or a way to really loosen up the strap (i.e., the device you linked). The video I linked demos what I'm talking about, albeit underwater. On land, you can insert the right elbow second and hold the long-hose (attached to the right d-ring) to give yourself a "hole" for the elbow.
This works for me in my wetsuit but my drysuit glove rings make it a lot harder (for me).

I have the DGX loop mentioned above, the Halcyon Cinch system, and standard rigged harnesses. All are good options, but an old shoulder dislocation injury makes the adjustable versions easier to don & doff. While I can use all 3, I’m happiest with the Cinch. It’s easy to adjust and stays put once you move the webbing.

Agreed with drysuit rings as an example of how adjustable webbing is useful. Another situation where this comes in handy is an awkward position when boat diving. Loosening a strap can make it easier to squeeze between people or get a better angle on oddball tank racks for gearing up and down.

Free your mind, and your straps will follow…

😆

Lance

All I dive is my 4 seasons dry suit. Sized the harness 14 years ago and has not changed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom