Adding weights to the back of backplate setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As an alternative to the tecline pockets one can purchase a pair of the following and cut the straps off and then add grommets to bolt to the backplate, or use the straps to sew loops to pass the cam straps through:

XS Scuba Zippered Pocket Weight Belt

XSSZPWB4BK.jpg

-Z

When I saw this thread, I took a piece of stiff weight belt webbing and put grommets in the ends. My intention was to bolt this to the back of a plate for use for sidemounting.

I don’t like taking more than one bcd on a trip, so sometimes if I will be single / double backmounting as well as sidemounting, I will only take a plate and will leave the stealth at home.

I was going to string trim weight Pouches along the section of webbing.

What I discovered is that you have to use additional wire or Velcro ties around the middle thru the cam belt slots to support the center of the webbing. Otherwise, the webbing will allow the weights to flop around too much for my taste.

An alternative is to use a thin section of polymer like starboard, which is rigid.

38C104F7-E47B-4391-8FED-8073DBAC59B2.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom