Add SPG to Divesoft Trimix analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I ordered the BSP to NPT adapter, the (apparently) required bushing for the BSP side, and a 4000 psi Oxygen gauge from August.

*pshew*! :D
there you go, no more wondering "is thing gonna blow today?" :p

Okay, I ordered the BSP to NPT adapter, the (apparently) required bushing for the BSP side, and a 4000 psi Oxygen gauge from August.

*pshew*! :D

You are doing good work here but I have to admit I’m loosing track! Hope you are able to post a pic with labels that explain where you got the various components.

there you go, no more wondering "is thing gonna blow today?" :p

Actually, it just occurred to me to wonder what pressure that adaptor from August is rated for. I don't see that spec on their site. I sent them an email to inquire.

You are doing good work here but I have to admit I’m loosing track! Hope you are able to post a pic with labels that explain where you got the various components.

Well, assuming I determine that the G1/4 -> 1/4 NPT adaptor from August Industries is rated for sufficient pressure, it turns out to be pretty simple. The parts, in order of assembly, are:

Divesoft DIN Pro Flow Limiter $139 (with port plug removed)
Professional flow limiter | Divesoft

Divesoft M12x1 -> G1/4 adaptor $17
Adapter M12x1 -> G1/4" | Divesoft

August Industries G1/4 sealing gasket (from what their website says, I *think* this is required) $4.18
August Industries - USIT Sealing Gasket R 1/4

August Industries G1/4 -> 1/4 NPT adaptor $7.20
August Industries - BSPP Adaptor, R 1/4 to NPT 1/4

August Industries Oxygen 4000 psi gauge $39
August Industries - OXYGEN GAUGE 4000 PSI

I ordered the Divesoft parts from @Dive Right In Scuba and they were less expensive than the Divesoft list price. Yay, DRiS!! :)

With shipping on the AI parts, the total worked out to right around $205. That, the analyzer and Divesoft hose I already bought, a $20 DIN-to-Yoke adapter from Dive Gear Express, and a Pelican-clone case from Harbor Freight for $30 and I should be pretty much ready for anything.

All totaled, not cheap, but I think I'll have less in it than buying the Divesoft Blender Max kit and I'll have an SPG on my setup. And hopefully never need to buy another analyzer!

I like the notion that I will be able to use this to check tank pressures and pushing one button will also let me confirm the mix inside at the same time. I will admit to times when I use a tank that I had previously used and still has enough gas in it for whatever I'm about to do, and on those occasions sometimes (depending on how old the date is on the label) trusting my label that is on the tank. Generally, I think I'm pretty safe about it, but checking the mix even when I really don't think I need to just seems like a safer way to do things.

I'll post a picture or 2 once I have it all. It is all ordered, so maybe next week sometime.

Actually, it just occurred to me to wonder what pressure that adaptor from August is rated for. I don't see that spec on their site. I sent them an email to inquire.
well they make dive gear and it looks thick walled so I think you're going to be ok there

seeing you bought it from a company specializing in the field of compressors and support equipment, and the item was listed under high pressure fittings, I somewhat doubt there is an issue to be concerned with...

Amazon or eBay seems a roll of the dice...

I got email back from AI. The adaptor is rated for 6000 psi working pressure. So, I guess I'm all good on that.

Last (I hope?) question: What is the best way to put it together so that the PG is facing the direction I want?

Do I just screw it all the way in and then turn it back part of a turn? With the friction of the threads, plus a layer or 2 of teflon tape, will that be all it needs to stay where I want it?

Should I be looking for a 1/4 NPT jam nut to put on it?

It likely will not bottom out, but become "seized". It was recommended to me by someone who does this for a living to use a couple turns of Teflon tape and some Teflon pipe dope. With a little force you will clock it to the orientation you want. DO NOT SPIN IT BACK!

remember to use a little snoop to check for leaks afterwards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom