Add SPG to Divesoft Trimix analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm in the market to buy my own trimix analyzer.

I was thinking the Trumix, but lots of people here all said "get the Divesoft".

Okay. So, one thing I would like to do is be able to just hook up to my tank one time and read the tank pressure and the gas analysis.

I can do that pretty easily with the Trumix by getting a cheap DIN 1st stage and putting an SPG and a BCD inflator hose on it, then using the Trumix flow limiter connected to the BCD inflator hose. It will feed regulated gas to the analyzer and show me the tank pressure all at once.

With the Divesoft, I would get the Blender kit, which includes their Pro flow limiter.

Is there any way to attach an SPG to that Pro flow limiter? From the pictures I can find, it doesn't seem like there is. OTOH, I read stuff that talked about some arrangement where it can hook up to something so it turns off the compressor automatically when it hits a certain pressure. Thus implying there is some way to get a HP pressure reading out of.

TIA!

Skip the divesoft flow meter, it won't accept an spg
Get a inexpensive piston 1st stage like a SP mk2 instead
Put a gauge, a BC whip, and a OPV on the mk2
Run an orifice flow limiter off the BC whip Expedition BC Flow Restrictor

No, there is no attachment fitting built into the pro limiter. You'd need a T fitting with two DIN ends, a male and a female, and a threaded end for the gauge thread you want to attach.

Hadn't thought of this, but it *would* be handy. I love my Divesoft anyway, as-is, but maybe I'll make an adapter...

Skip the divesoft flow meter, it won't accept an spg
Get a inexpensive piston 1st stage like a SP mk2 instead
Put a gauge, a BC whip, and a OPV on the mk2
Run an orifice flow limiter off the BC whip Expedition BC Flow Restrictor

That's exactly what I was talking about doing with the Trumix. Well, except I was thinking about using the cheapest 1st stage from Piranha or DGX. A drysuit inflator 1st stage for something like $60.

That BC flow restrictor looks good at $30. Cheaper than the Trumix flow limiter at $45.

And, now I see, DRiS, has the Divesoft connection hose for $11 and the BC flow limiter piece that plugs into that hose for $15. So, I could get the analyzer by itself plus those 2 parts for an extra $26, then the drysuit inflator reg with a real SPG. And a Pelican case clone from Harbor Freight for $20 or so. The Divesoft case is $109!!

Okay, I think I have a plan now. Thanks!

The only reason I suggested a Mk2 is because I know they are available O2 clean. I'm not sure how those argon regs are assembled or lubed. Some of them aren't even serviceable. I assumed you would want to analyze all your (deco) gases not just the trimix but maybe not?

The only reason I suggested a Mk2 is because I know they are available O2 clean. I'm not sure how those argon regs are assembled or lubed. Some of them aren't even serviceable. I assumed you would want to analyze all your (deco) gases not just the trimix but maybe not?

Excellent point!

@rjack321 since @stuartv is probably going to buy from DGX, it is worth noting that this regulator which is probably the one he was talking about is O2 clean out of the box. I've been using it as an O2 reg for about 4 years and hasn't needed to be rebuilt yet. Didn't do any cleaning, just threw it on and went
DGX First Stage Regulator w/OPV and HP Port

I've been using it as an O2 reg for about 4 years and hasn't needed to be rebuilt yet. Didn't do any cleaning, just threw it on and went
DGX First Stage Regulator w/OPV and HP Port

That’s probably peachy unless you have old HP tanks with 300 bar valves. Not likely an issue for O2 but could be for back gas. I’m sure it’s a fine regulator but it only has a 200 bar fitting.

That’s probably peachy unless you have old HP tanks with 300 bar valves. Not likely an issue for O2 but could be for back gas. I’m sure it’s a fine regulator but it only has a 200 bar fitting.

Interesting, since I think tbone is just like me in having a number of old PST tanks with 300 bar DIN valves.

However, I will probably get my stuff through my shop, so maybe get a Mk2 after all.

Interesting, since I think tbone is just like me in having a number of old PST tanks with 300 bar DIN valves.

However, I will probably get my stuff through my shop, so maybe get a Mk2 after all.

I have them too. For the record I don’t have one of those regs so I’m not certain that it won’t mate. But DGX is a pretty accurate website overall so if they say it’s only 200 bar then I believe them. @tbone1004 has so many regs maybe he never noticed?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom