Add pocket to a trilam suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dee-

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi!

I read a lot of post here, some are quite old, and still not decided about which glue to use, to add pockets on a trilam backup drysuit.

What is the best product i could use, and how i shoul prepare the surface?

Thanks

Go to ace hardware, find pliobond 25. Live happily ever after.

wanna do the same here.. just glue an stick on.. books on top to hold it down for a while or ???

I have a viking, I opted for the Dive Rite thigh pocket.

Aquaseal.

From divegear express
Using the brush, paint the surface of your exposure suit where you will adhere the pocket with the Cotol-240. Do NOT mix the Cotol-240 with the Aquaseal. Next, using a plastic knife like those found in fast food restaurants, evenly spread an entire 0.75 ounce tube of Aquaseal on the back of the pocket. Finally, carefully place the pocket on to the exposure suit according to your markings. Put some weights, like a large stack of books, on the entire pocket. Allow it to cure for at least 24 hours, 48 is better, and resist the temptation to 'check on it'. It will be permanently attached to your exposure suit, as in you won't ever get it off again.

McNett aquaseal. Apply it to the pocket and the drysuit. Let it cure for 10 minutes. Repeat 3 times. Then stick them together. Roll it flat, put something heavy on it for 24-48 hours.

Google for a guide to explain it in depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom