Add another Florida Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FSUgly

Contributor
Reaction score
to the list. I got certified PADI OW last fall, and only have 4 dives since checkouts (3 of them this past weekend; 2 at Crystal River, FL and 1 at Blue Grotto in Williston, FL). I have been reading the boards for a good month and thought it was time to make my first post.

The gear I am using is as follows:
  • Ocean Master Z4 mask
  • Aeris Velocity Fins
  • Scubapro Knighthawk BC with AIR2
  • Scubapro MK25/S600 regs
  • Suunto Vytec hoseless dive computer

Trust me, I'm not a rich person with money to blow, so please don't get that idea by the type of gear I have. I got exceptional deals on that gear.

Anyways, thanks for reading, and I hope I will have something important to contribute to the boards one day.
Tom
:) :) :)

Good to hear from you. Glad you have continued diving. Looks like you have some quality gear.

Don't wait to post until you think what you have is important. Just jump in and enjoy. This is a friendly group and we want to hear from you.

see ya,:)

Hey FSUgly,

Welcome aboard, I got my card late last year also but only have a couple of dives in so far. I have been busy at work. You will learn alot from the boards here.

Wildbill:D

Welcome to the boards! I bet you have a lot to add to our community!:D

Thanks for the warm welcome. :) I'm already addicted to reading the boards; I frequent it a handful of times each day. I'm the type that likes to get the lingo down and make sure I know what I'm saying before I speak up. :wink:

Glad you like my username Scuba Barbie. This is how I got it: FSU (Florida State University) is where I graduated and gly is the department abbreviation (geology) that I got my degree in.

Tom
:) :D :)

Thanks for letting us know where the FSUgly came from. It clears up the foggy picture in my brain.:)

Hi Tom
Welcome to the sport and the board. I have been diving for over 30 years in Canada and I ready to scout out some new sites in Florida so if you find some good ones ,let me know. I am planning a trip next winter to the keys and some of the Florida springs. I would love to do the Manatee thing. Again welcome

Yours in diving, James A. Cormier CSE, CD

Welcome to the board!

Have you tried Ginnie Springs yet? It's nice...for a spring dive...and not too far from you.

FSUgly once bubbled...
to the list. I got certified PADI OW last fall, and only have 4 dives since checkouts (3 of them this past weekend; 2 at Crystal River, FL and 1 at Blue Grotto in Williston, FL). I have been reading the boards for a good month and thought it was time to make my first post.

The gear I am using is as follows:
  • Ocean Master Z4 mask
  • Aeris Velocity Fins
  • Scubapro Knighthawk BC with AIR2
  • Scubapro MK25/S600 regs
  • Suunto Vytec hoseless dive computer

Trust me, I'm not a rich person with money to blow, so please don't get that idea by the type of gear I have. I got exceptional deals on that gear.
Anyways, thanks for reading, and I hope I will have something important to contribute to the boards one day.
Tom
:) :) :)

Nice list but I'd dump the fins - go ScubaPro on those too (take your pick, I personally prefer the Jet Fins but the splits work nicely too for recreational diving, I own both).

Oh and by the way ... welcome to the SB.

Back
Top Bottom