Accomplishments of 2010?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wellllll five years post spinal surgery and this past year I got to the point in my rehab that I have not used my power chair at all for about six months.

For next year, more of the same.

That is wonderful! Congratulations! :luxhello:

Congratulations to everyone who strive for thier goals! I too read all posts and see how much
others get out of diving. (our common bond)
My goal this year (and most of last year ) although not diving related was to teach my nephew a lesson in commitment.

We had both decided to grow our hair for Locks of Love. (there is a ten inch minimum) The first to cut thier hair owes the other! My nephew had a three month head start when we made this bet so to speak. I had talked him into this "commitment" thinking he will follow through to the end. How hard is it to grow your hair right? Well he made it to the eight month point.
He had joined the wrestling team and was getting his hair ripped out. He needed to do something about this. He cut his hair and tried to hide from me. We only live several blocks away from each other. When I did see him, I told him if you stay with wrestling for the season the bet is off.
He quit one month later. Next time I did see him, He then told me I can cut my hair now, you don't have to finish. But I knew I did have to finish as this was the whole point!
After 18 months I sent all of my hair to LOL! (longest pony tail was 16")
I see my nephew almost daily, and I think he now knows what I mean when I say you are worth you word!

See you topside! John

2010 Accomplishments:
Finally got back in the water after a long dry spell
Completed Rescue Diver and other courses
Oldest daughter got AOW certification

2011 Goals:
Dive more than 2010
Get my youngest daughter OW certified **fingers crossed**
Get my brother, sister-in-law, nephew, and oldest daughter's boyfriend OW certified
Get gear for both my daughters
Go on a dive vacation

2010 accomplishments

Started diving. did my padi Ow in june 2010
did my padi AOW in July 2010
Followed by specialities in night, deep, wreck, equipment and enriched air. Completed the emergency first response then rescue diver courses in october 2010 and logged my 50 dives to complete my padi master scuba diver in november 2010. so a busy 5 months and a busy year with some great diving especially the Zenobia wreck in Larnacca, Cyprus, still lots to learn even with a nice master diver title. Still feel like a newbie compared to others.
Here's to 2011 and no more books, well maybe a couple.
Safe diving eveyone

Passed 71st birthday. Got diabetes under control. Got cured of prostate cancer. And am upright and breathing in the mornings. Will be diving again in the near future (January when prices go up of course).

Congratulations on all counts. You must be really stoked.
I love that sig line too. :D

I learned a LOT this year about what I love to do. Free dive spearfishing. Got to dive with one of the greats in Hawaii and man, since I came back here,....well, the fish are nervous. Life is good.

This year I made dive buddies and logged only 8 dives. I plan on diving more next year and improving my buoyancy control when crossing the thermocline. I'd like to purchase my BC finally next year.

I purchased a bp/w!!! I only logged about the same number of dives. Next year will be to work on buoyancy, now that I have my own gear to get used to.

Great Barrier Reef
25th Wedding Anniversary
Cancun, Mexico
Diving with my brother and college age boys
Resort dive with my two nephews (ten and twelve)!
Rescue Diver Cert
Moved from Chicago to New York

Drysuit Cert
Custom Drysuit
Doubles

Qualified on Rebreather

Get in another 50 hours on the Rebreather
Dive in new places (Grenada trip booked for April)
If I've got the hours in do Trimix Rebreather course

Back
Top Bottom