Accommodation at Bunaken?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henrik

New
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm planning to visit Bunaken this summer and can't find any comments on other dive operators than Eco and Froggies. Does anyone have experience of Living Colours Diving?

Regards,

Henrik

Henrik,
Don't overlook Thalassa/Santika Resort. Santika is very comfortable and the on-site European-managed dive operator, Thalassa is very well run. It is among the closest to the major Bunaken dive sites. I dove with them back in 2001 and did both Bunaken and Bangka. Day trips to Lembeh were also a possibility then, but alas we ran out of time.

I never heard of Living Colours Diving, but the most operator used by Indonesian diver is either Eco or Froggies. ANother one mostly used by local is NDC, but some prefer not, due to 1 or 2 reason.

Henrik:
Hi!

I'm planning to visit Bunaken this summer and can't find any comments on other dive operators than Eco and Froggies. Does anyone have experience of Living Colours Diving?

Regards,

Henrik

This is seconfd hand information but maybe it helps - When I was in Lembeh over Christmas, I met people who had stayed and dived with Living colours. They said they were very good and on a very quiet part of the island.

Living Colours is nice(from what I hear), but has no real beach to speak of. I stayed at Bastianos Cottages, and did my diving with Sunplash (they are joined) An Aussie named Terry runs the diving and does a darn good job, he and his crew of locals 'bust their butts' keeping everyone happy which is not always easy. If you get a chance go to the Bangka Island, long boat ride but worth it

Henrik:
Hi!

Regards,

Henrik

Hi Hendrik,
you can read experiences with Living Colours and discriptions of other accommodations and dive centers like Scubana, Daniel's, MC, Lorenso, Panorama on Bunaken and trips to the volcanoes, Minahasa Highland, Togians, Tangkoko ...(German) http://www.bunaken-klaus.de

Hi Henrik

I saw your note on Scubaboard which relates to last year but I am going to Bunken this weekend and want to find out where you stayed and any other useful information.

I hope you get this message
Regards
Rob
Ps: I am currently based in Jakarta so there is quite a time difference.

Henrik:
Hi!

Regards,

Henrik

Hey Rob, I went to Bunaken this past summer and I would strongly recommend Living Colours. I heard that Two Fish was okay but some other divers who were staying at Living Colours with me told me that it was much better where we were than at Two Fish. Also, both Two Fish and Living Colours are typically less expensive than Froggies and Eco. Eco looked like a cattle boat too.

Thanks Henrik for all the info. Unfortunately Living Colours is fully booked but I have got a bokoing with Sulawesi Dive Quest at Panaroma which is a small outfit and will hopefully be good. Certainly looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom