Accident at Cave Excursions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novadiver:
LET IT BE KNOWN! If the O2 sticker is a forgery the owner goes to jail . And I'm not talking about Bill I'm talking about the tank OWNER

this is very dramatic- but is it really necessary???

novadiver:
LET IT BE KNOWN! If the O2 sticker is a forgery the owner goes to jail . And I'm not talking about Bill I'm talking about the tank OWNER

What the heck are you talking about, forged sticker? Anyone can make an O2 sticker and put it on thier tank.

I know, I have made my own for years.

rjchandler:
this is very dramatic- but is it really necessary???

THis was a tragidy ! If this was a member of your family you would be all over that sticker! O2 fuel spark, you need all 3, only 1 has been accounted for.

is it me or is novadiver not making any sense?

novadiver:
THis was a tragidy ! If this was a member of your family you would be all over that sticker! O2 fuel spark, you need all 3, only 1 has been accounted for.

I wouldn't be so quick to rule out SLC. That picture looks familiar to me.

If I remember right (and I might not) the last SLC related failure wasn't being filled yet either. They droped in a bath, hooked up the whip and BLAM.

I'm not convinced that this accident had anything to do with the O2 or even much to do with the tank being dropped.

novadiver:
You just made my piont! LIABILITY

Why shouldn't curt make his own sticker? I buy mine but that's because my printer is busted.

novadiver:
You just made my piont! LIABILITY

Who gives a crap about liability, Its on my tank?

I don't see the difference if I buy a sticker for $5 or make one. Either way, its on my tank and it says OXYGEN.

Are you saying the people who I baught the $5 oxygen sticker from are now liable for what is in my tank?

Maybe I should just ask, How old are you and how long have you been diving?

Your answer will probably answer mine.

Curt Bowen:
Who gives a crap about liability, Its on my tank?

I don't see the difference if I buy a sticker for $5 or make one. Either way, its on my tank and it says OXYGEN.

Are you saying the people who I baught the $5 oxygen sticker from are now liable for what is in my tank?

Maybe I should just ask, How old are you and how long have you been diving?

Your answer will probably answer mine.

I'm 40 and I've been diving for 27 years, the sticker I refer to is the O2 clean sticker, and that is the legal liability part of the tank ( DOT REGULATIONS) It's not the MOD sticker, Lets see what the police say before you burn me again

novadiver:
Lets see what the police say before you burn me again

This accident has had enough rampant and nasty speculation. Do you have ANY reason to raise questions about the sticker or to suggest the police are investigating it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom