ABWA trip report Sunday April 29th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snepdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Met up with Denisegg around 9:15 at a very crowded ABWA. Dive Rite was having their tech demo days Sat and Sunday.

My wife also joined in the trip and was able to get some sun.

Made first dive at 9:42 am to a max depth 71 ft. at the school bus. Total dive time was 32 minutes. This was my first dive with my new LP77 and I dropped 4 lbs for this dive and was still too heavy.Vis was the worst I have ever seen at ABWA from the 2 inches of rain Thursday night. Usually ranged from 4 ft to 20 ft. Had a 1:41 surface interval and philmottrek99and02 came by and chatted it up for about 30 minutes. Good to see him again.

Denise got fitted and suited up in a Dive Rite BP/W. We made our next dive and just played around near the 20 ft east platform while she worked with the BP/W. I am pretty sure she loved it as I noticed she was diving totally different than she did just 3 weeks ago. Much better control. She was a little underweighted to start with and we added 3 lbs which was a little too much. We adjusted on the next dive.

Third dive we played around the pipes. Water temps were 66 on surface to 55 at the bus with 2 noticable thermoclines. One near 20 ft and the other in the 50 ft range. Overall a good diving day. I got lots of practice with my camera and Denise got to try BP/W.

Not bad for a Mud Puddle Brandy! Better than diving in the tub.:rofl3: I will be down there in 3 weeks for some real diving again.

Great report! Is Denise going to get that BP/W? I hope so. We need more BP/W uses around here. :)

Sure wish I could've been there.

Michael

sorry no bp/w for me I need a jacket with pockets...I got to put my hands in them for " no touchey" like my momma said....

I wanted to try their rebreather. But like I told Denise,I am not trying anything I cant buy this week. Rebreather,including training 10,000-12,000 usd. So I am just looking forward to DSS BP/W maybe for my birthday.

Great report. I think Denise was as happy with the initial fit of her BP/W as I was with mine. Good to hear everything went well. Good to see everyone.

So Denise, you wants me to spend some of your money at Phil's Dive Shop this week? He has a great price on a size small DiveRite BP/W. I hope that you liked it.

Howard

More BP/W users? Woo hoo! Now to work on my dive buddy.

Michael

philmottrek99and02:
Great report. I think Denise was as happy with the initial fit of her BP/W as I was with mine. Good to hear everything went well. Good to see everyone.

So Denise, you wants me to spend some of your money at Phil's Dive Shop this week? He has a great price on a size small DiveRite BP/W. I hope that you liked it.

Howard

You need to go buy you a couple HP130's though.. you air hog!

Like I said, now to work on my dive buddy.

Michael

Wow!! I'm two days late posting my report on our dive for Sunday. I didn't decide to go until Saturday afternoon and had to hunt Clay down to make sure I had a dive buddy. I am really glad I went. I had a great time! Clay loves to dive like I do and he will dive in the cold and low vis just like me just to get to dive. Andy will konk out on me when it gets too cold so I was glad to hook up with Clay. Clay is also a good buddy. He kept a close eye out for me and I never had to hunt him down even though the vis was the worst I had seen it. I really enjoyed trying Dive Rite's transpac. It was amazing the difference it made in bouyancy and control. After reading the posts today I wish I had also tried the transplate because it has been suggested to me that I might be better satisfied with it. Clay was right. The thermoclines were tough. You start out in fairly warm water and wind up in the 50's, but I still had a great time.
I couldn't help but laugh thinking about what Brandy said about it being a mudhole when the vis was so low but I had a great time and really enjoyed diving. We got to do three dives and it was a fun day. Clay tell Kathy I had a great time visiting with her again as well and look forward to seeing both of you on the May dive n dine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom