Abrasive sticks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't we use these "do-it-all" Mr Proper Erasers ??? Alright, i know... silly as it does not apply, but these are the same principle... they are abrasives :wink:

Can't we use these "do-it-all" Mr Proper Erasers ??? Alright, i know... silly as it does not apply, but these are the same principle... they are abrasives :wink:

Also known as Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, the basic ingredient appears to be melamine foam, which reportedly has some abrasive qualities.

Melamine foam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the description in the Wikipedia entry it doesn't sound aggressive enough, but I've never actually tried it.

Anyone ever use it to reshape a crown or other metal object?

Dave C

Darn... Mr Proper is the European brand name.. Mr Clean is in US and Mr Muscle is in UK if I'm not mistaken :wink: Anyway, I do not think this is abrasive enough otherwise I would have major marks on my walls... but I know it did damage my living room table... we must be carefull with these stuff...

We use CRATEX sticks to remove corrosion from anodized aluminum fuel tanks. They come in different grits and can be shaped. They work well for very small scratches as they don't remove as much surrounding material as other common methods.

Back
Top Bottom