About to buy...advise please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viceroy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm about to buy a couple of old 2nd hand cameras, basically for happy-snap cameras for myself and my girlfriend.

The cameras are as follows:

Sony DSC-P93 with Sony MPK-PEA underwater housing

and

Sealife Reefmaster DC310 (Could be a DC3100...I've not seen the cameras yet)

I know they're old, but I'm getting them cheap, and I'd rather play with old and cheap before investing in something new and expensive.

Do you have any tips or comments on what I should look for when looking at the cameras before I decide to buy.

I'm about to buy a couple of old 2nd hand cameras, basically for happy-snap cameras for myself and my girlfriend.

The cameras are as follows:

Sony DSC-P93 with Sony MPK-PEA underwater housing

and

Sealife Reefmaster DC310 (Could be a DC3100...I've not seen the cameras yet)

I know they're old, but I'm getting them cheap, and I'd rather play with old and cheap before investing in something new and expensive.

Do you have any tips or comments on what I should look for when looking at the cameras before I decide to buy.

I had a Sealife DC300 and it flooded. The flooding was most likely due to my own negligence. I sent it back to Sealife along with the housing for repair and they sent back a DC310. Some of the pictures turned out ok (underwater photography is tough) but I got tired of replacing the batteries. I would definitely recommend getting some rechargeable batteries if you get it. It's also positively buoyant so I would recommend getting the weight that mounts to the bottom of the camera.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I realise that both of these cameras are pre-historic in terms of what is available today, but in all honestly, you can barely even buy one cheap digital camera for the price of these two, they were basically a steal.

Both cameras and housings are in pristine condition, almost as if they've never been used, so they've been well taken care of.

I'll be trying both of them out underwater next weekend at one of the local training sites.

On a side note, my girlfriend is thrilled with the DC310 as all she wants to do is take pics of her friends underwater, and with it's big red "shoot" button, the whole process couldn't be simpler.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom