AAAAAAAH!!! Gills are wet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Far_X:
Nice shots!! Is that humpbacked one still there? I remember seeing him last year when doing my OW check out.
There are some of the grass carp that have what I think is a genetic defect. Their back is kinked. There is also a short thick one that seems to be the protector of the group. The spring is enclosed by fish fences down stream so no "exotic" fish are supposed to escape - I guess all the fish that you saw are still there somewhere.

smallminnow:
nevermind on that one i checked your gallery and it said vortex. i havent dove that one in a couple of years or any spring for that matter.
You need to get back here and dive Morrison spring - the price is right :D . Stop by in the summer and blow some bubbles at the Destin Jetties with us.

calypsonick:
I like the second shot. Very cool. I thought freshwater fish were more of the loner type.
I have seen bluegills/sunfish group together in schools in lakes so I guess it is not unusual. The bass I saw in the spring seem to have some territory and the older larger bluegills do as well. I cheated for that pic. I hung out under a floating dock to minimize the backscatter from the particles in the water - the fish cooperated by hiding with me. There is no fishing allowed at the spring and people sometimes feed the fish there. Many divers go there so the fish are more used to people. The fish in the spring still avoid people but I think we annoy them rather than scare them. They don't like quick hand movement or when the camera is pointed at them. I had to slowly float up to the school to get the fish to stay still. More fish came up close behind me but each time I turned, no matter how slowly, they swam away.

Back
Top Bottom