A650IS Discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually don't worry too much about discontinued models as long as I can find the camera I want and the housing. Cameras hang around for quite a while after they are officially discontinued.

Camera companies bring out new models usually at least twice a year. Canon seems to release more new models than some others so there are always plenty to choose from. Happily, you can't go too wrong with any of the models from the past year or two and you can often find excellent deals as dealers make way for the latest and greatest (which often are no improvement or not enough improvement to worry about).

Before buying any camera for underwater, make sure you can lay hands on a housing.

looks like a new G is on the way

Well, went ahead and got in a new a650is. *Very* pleased with it. Functionality is great (and intuitive), pics are crisp, and the four double-As make cycle time ultra fast... Prices seemed to have gone *up* on it everywhere within just a day or two of *my* order... (I'm usually not that lucky).

Guess it's true... timing is everything...

Have fun!

Canon and Sony alway ship the new cameras before the holidays. The store that I work at expects the G10 in early September

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom