A whispered question - A good Hamburger in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clearly you need to go to BA and give it a try - you might just change your mind about absolutes :D

I have had many HamBurgers at Blue Angel. I love em. But since that had already been mentioned thought I would add a couple. Someone on here was bragging about the hamburger at Mission on 30th. I will have to try that one next trip in a few weeks.

Just trying to save you from being chastized for saying something is best. Like "BEST dive shop threads" always gets a reaction from a few folks on here. Just picking at ya.

Thanks all so much....It is always so nice to see how passionate everyone is about their Coz favorites.... I must admit I am intrigued by the Blue Angel description and so I might just have to try one - Will report back - Not that I am an expert on hamburgers

Nothing wrong with having a burger. I often had one for lunch when we stayed at Fiesta Americana and they were excellent with beacon, pico de gallo and a big dollop guacamole.... kinda like a taco on a bun! I'm usually up for trying new things, so much so that I've patronized the McDonalds in PDC a couple times to grab something quick en route to the ferry. But I don't think I ever seek one out in Cozumel off the resort... too many other good things to eat that I can't get in Colorado where I know where to get a good burger.

Add another one for Blue Angel...

I don't think it's any more wrong to consume hamburguesas in Cozumel as it would be to eat Italian food at Prima. At the Cozumel Palace, I slap a big dollop of guacamole on mine (my hamburguesa, not my Italian food). I've had various types of tortilla burgers at local (SoCal) restaurants. Maybe Cozumel burger joints should do something similar to preserve their "local" culture.

Next time I'm on the island and my food isn't inclusive, I would try a burger at Wet Wendy's, but mainly because I'd want to try one of the margaritas too.

Food at prima is as good as food, or better, than at Coz Palace. Stayed at both places several times. The burgers at Coz Palace are patties, similar to Sam's Club. I do agree that guacamole makes them taste better :wink:

Food at prima is as good as food, or better, than at Coz Palace. Stayed at both places several times. The burgers at Coz Palace are patties, similar to Sam's Club. I do agree that guacamole makes them taste better :wink:

Many of the places listed have decent burgers, but if you are looking for real beef hamburger vs. a processed meat patty (some better quality than others):

La Cocay
Rock n Java
Paradise Beach
French Quarter (not sure now with new ownership, but used to be real beef burgers, probably still are)

Other good burgers are at Money Bar and I have a local friend that swears by the burgers at yes, Carlos & Charlies. I haven't tried Blu Angel's hamburgers - but I love the rest of the food there!

No offense to MMM, but the cheap burgers she refers to are very similar to McDonalds cheeseburgers - so I doubt that is what you are looking for.

No offense to MMM, but the cheap burgers she refers to are very similar to McDonalds cheeseburgers - so I doubt that is what you are looking for.

No offense taken. To each his own!

Yeah, I wasn't mentioning them as being good burgers, just saying that it's OK to get a burger in Mexico just like it's OK to eat Italian food in Mexico. Heck, I eat enough Mexican food back home, so it's nice to have a burger for a change when I go to Mexico.

Many of the places listed have decent burgers, but if you are looking for real beef hamburger vs. a processed meat patty (some better quality than others):

La Cocay
Rock n Java
Paradise Beach
French Quarter (not sure now with new ownership, but used to be real beef burgers, probably still are)

Other good burgers are at Money Bar and I have a local friend that swears by the burgers at yes, Carlos & Charlies. I haven't tried Blu Angel's hamburgers - but I love the rest of the food there!

La Cocay burger? Yum.

As part of my fully sponsored dive shop review of Cozumel that will take place someday (in my dreams), I shall also conduct a (fully sponsored, bribes welcome) complete burger tasting of the island, excepting any burgers made from horse meat.

Back
Top Bottom