• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

A whispered question - A good Hamburger in Cozumel?

Discussion in 'Cozumel' started by Chris66, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Chris66

Chris66 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I will be travelling to Coz with a less than adventurous friend and while he has promised to let me introduce him to the wonders of local cuisine I ahve promised him that as a stand by or as a reward I will find him a great hamburger as well. After multiple trips I have never found the need to order a hamburger and so I would not even know where to get one so please please help me out - even if it means hitting C&C or margaritaville.

Chris

PS: I will not think any less of you if you know the answer to this question :)

2. judydivescoz

judydivescoz Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I get my burger fix in Cozumel at El Pie de Carbon (spelling might be off) on 5.

Chris66 likes this.
  3. DeputyDan

DeputyDan Great White

I think that they have hamburgers on the lunch menu at scuba club cozumel

4. Mossman

Mossman Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I don't think it's any more wrong to consume hamburguesas in Cozumel as it would be to eat Italian food at Prima. At the Cozumel Palace, I slap a big dollop of guacamole on mine (my hamburguesa, not my Italian food). I've had various types of tortilla burgers at local (SoCal) restaurants. Maybe Cozumel burger joints should do something similar to preserve their "local" culture.

Next time I'm on the island and my food isn't inclusive, I would try a burger at Wet Wendy's, but mainly because I'd want to try one of the margaritas too.

5. warmwaterturner

warmwaterturner Dive Con

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    The best hamburger is at the Blue Angel. It comes with the traditional white cheese, all the fixins and avocado. OMG! I miss it so :crying2:

deepstops and Chris66 like this.
  6. MMM

MMM ScubaBoard Supporter Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    There are a few up on 30th between about Calles 7 and 15. One has a bunch of cartoon characters on the wall (Popeye/Wimpy) and another just has a smallish window to order through. 2 burgers for $50 pesos. VERY cheap! You'll see locals lined up/waiting on the sidewalk for their order. There is another one on Avenida 5 really close to Villa Las Anclas. I forget the name...maybe something like Burghur King. I've never eaten there but have heard they are excellent burgers.

7. Mawg

Mawg Manta Ray

Somebody beat me to it. Your friend will love the cheeseburger/hamburger at the Blue Angel Hotel. Restaurant is immediately adjacent to the hotel and open to the public. IIRC, the price was reasonable as well.

8. underachiever

underachiever Manta Ray

You can't say anything is the BEST on Cozumel. :cool2:

But La Hach has a good one also. Woody's as well. I had asked this same question a few years ago.

9. mselenaous

mselenaous Island girl ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    HatchetJoe likes this.
  10. warmwaterturner

warmwaterturner Dive Con

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Clearly you need to go to BA and give it a try - you might just change your mind about absolutes :D