A wet suit for a newbie who got real cold in Coz in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What do ya'll think about this suit offered at Scubatoys for $85? It's a NeoSport 4/3. Is that price too good to be true? Any feedback on the manufacturer?

4_3full.jpg

I could pair it with my beloved 6/3 hooded vest.....

Thanks for your help!
Pamela:wink:

I have a buddy with a Neosport that seems to be serving him well. As stated fit is everything. A fullsuit and hooded vest are my preferred combination. The fullsuit will cover your whole body. The hooded vest will mute any back zipper seepage and the hood will seal off your neck opening. The extra rubber on your torso is a bonus.

Pete

Wellll....

Correct fit is an issue in this situation, as this suit is an online special from ScubaToys and I can only tell how well may fit from looking at the sizing chart and making a guess, because my bodily proportions are all over the chart in sizes 8, 10, and 12. We only have 3 shops here where I live and none of them carry this brand.

Any suggestions? Or just roll the dice?

Thanks so much for the info everyone!
Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Find a local shop and find a suit that fits. This especially true if you are not a slam dunk stock size. You may spend a few $$ extra but you'll walk out with what you know fits. Consider your investment in this sport and your trip and write the difference off as cheap insurance.

There's nothing special about that brand. Remember fit,, fit, fit. See if you have a Bare dealer, they have the biggest size selection.

I would do this ASAP since from what you say a custom may be in your future. This is a common solution for many divers for many reasons and the cost in just a bit more thank a good off the rack suit.

I do think ST is one of the online sellers what will send several suits if you want to carry them on your credit card and you keep the best fit. This helps but not every brand will have a cut that fits you so you can still get beat up with shipping charges.

Do not roll the dice.

Pete

ScubaToys is a reliable vendor and NeoSport is Henderson's alternate brand (to offer good wetsuits at a lower price point, without cutting the high price margins for their cherished primary brand name).

Oooo, Dive me, I like that suggestion quite a bit!!!! Think I'll give him a ringy dingy manana!

Spectrum and SStrecker- thanks so much!
Pamela

Back
Top Bottom