a Time for Firsts 10.29.07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blair Mott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A Time of Firsts

It was 1989 and it was my first time to the great state of Florida. My first time I would dive in warm water and it would be the first time I would dive in Force Fins.
I was 18 years old and I was completing my Instructor Training in the Florida Keys.
I remember feeling that I had won the lottery in Life.
Out of the original ten people who started the program there were only two of us who were young and fresh out of High School. The energy around the days and nights learning the final stages of being a professional diver was a feeling I will never forget. I truly felt like I was going to be the next explorer to discover the lost city of Atlantis.
Diving in the warm was a dream. Clear warm water that was an elixir of hope and new life to my blood. My whole spirit was uplifted into a state of bliss that reassured me I was on the right path of life! I could see more than 20 feet underwater it was remarkable because it was a real coral reef and it had everything I had been reading about all my life.
I was so proud of myself and so humble for the opportunity. I was on precise path in life to explore the world’s ocean and one I have pursued all my life.
My gear was similar to all the other instructor candidates expect for my fins!
Force Fin Originals would power me through the Instructor training course and through out all the buttress and groove coral reefs of the middle Keys. Through my time in the Keys I tried different fins, but it was the Force Fins that I enjoyed the most. It is amazing to think that 19 years later I am still diving Force Fins and still wanting and waiting to return to the middle Keys.
For all of you going to DEMA this week please stop by both Number 539 to visit with Susanne, Bob and the Force Fin Team, we would love to talk fins.

Nice you know you have a style that many people like to hear? You can swoon (not in that way you silly people) a crowd with good rapport and even tell a good story, Blair.

Back
Top Bottom