A thousand good reasons to go diving in Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reason 202: Hard Rock Cafe Phuket grand opening and New Year’s Eve Party on 31st December 2010 – 1st January 2011 (7pm – 4am)

Narak mak mak. :D
When I first heard of Santa Craws he was a big fat old man with a white beard delivering presents by raindeer in the snow.
The Thai version is much better. Pretty ladies vending alchohol in the sun. :D
Where would you sooner be?

Reason 203: Thailand is the PERFECT place to recover from your New Year's eve party hang-over.

(On the beach, in the sun or under a beach-umbrella with an ice-cold beer in your hand....)

Reason 203: The rhinoceros beetle fights.

Attachments

• beetlefight_1.jpg
    beetlefight_1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 58
Reason 206: You can still get to watch Cock fighting. (Just for clarification, I am refering to adult male chickens)

Ewww! Cockfights are so brutal. But if that's your thing, much more uniquely Thai would be the fish fights featuring those beautiful freshwater Thai fighting fish Beta splendens (they also hold these fish fights in Cambodia, so not entirely Thai, but certainly unique to this region, unlike cockfights). For animal competitions, I much prefer...

Reason 207: ...the weekly songbird contests, even though the birds are caged and I'd rather admire (and hear) them as they sit in the trees of my garden.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom