A thousand good reasons to go diving in Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had planned on going to Thailand to do some medical relief work this last summer. Now it looks like we'll be in New Mexico this summer - Grand Canyon Scuba Diving - Not!

We did go to Japan (not for medical relief purposes) and I had a couple of great dives there.

Thailand does not look like it's on the books for a couple of years out and I'm bummed. I had even contacted a dive shop in Phuket where we'd go for R&R! Every time I see any information about diving Thailand - I jump right in and "dream".

Thailand was on my Bucket List for many years but never pulled the trigger......then a family member decided to get married there and *poof* we were booked for 3 weeks. If my list was not so long, I would definitely be going back. There is SO MUCH to do and see and the people are great.......I will always recommend it.

Reason 118: You can dive in the Mekhong River and look for 8 foot-long catfish in the Chiang Khong district of North Thailand.

Reason 119: A must-visit for beer drinking divers is the "beer-bottle-temple" in Sri Saket Province which is nearly entirely build of more than a million Heineken and beer Chang bottles.

Reason 120: You can do catch and release fishing of giant fresh water stingrays (aka freshwater whip-ray) (up to 20 feet in length) in the Bang Pakong River in Eastern Thailand.

Reason 121: You can get married underwater in Trang Province during the annual underwater wedding ceremony on Valentine's Day at Koh Kradan.

Just a hop, skip and a Jump (Boat, Bus, Train, Air), to other destinations in Southeast Asia: Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia and even Burma(I refuse to call it Myanmar).

Reason 123: You can go tek-diving and search for old ceramics and treasure in the Gulf of Thailand (like on the Klang Aow shipwreck).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom