A spearfishing mask for scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

as a new diver, avoid large volume masks. they take more air to clear. as you're learning how to do it you'll appreciate not needing so much.

Not to be argumentative, but there are very few masks on the market that I would categorize as "large volume".

for the OCD guy... mask visibility s generally constrained in the downward direction, so to test for visibility, wear the mask, look straight ahead, and then see how far you can lower your hand before it descends bellow your field of view. You might be surpised at the degree of discrepancy between masks.

There is no best mask, thats why there are over 100 models to choose from.. Just pick one that seals well, is comfortable and you can see well out of. Don't worry about the name on the mask.

so don't argue, LOL

all is good.

Fit fit fit and fit. if it doesn't fit, it isn't worth having in your gear bag.

I have a hard to fit face. have not found many masks I can wear at all & even the best fit I have sometimes has minor flooding. So find what fits & use it. low volume is generally better than high, circumstance situational.

What would I not be seeing if my field of view was limited downward - wildlife or something I should see on my equipment?

every mask I've ever used limited my ability to see down. Mostly, if it's on my harness I work by feel.

FWIW, the Cressi Big Eyes mask has the lens angled down which should help some with this, if it fits you. My wife dives one & like it.

Thanks all - I've got the picture.
Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom