A repository of 3D print STL sources

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is actually @James79 design, I take zero credit. I did upload it to Thingiverse today as someone was asking about it on FB.

@James79 if you'd like me to take it down so you can upload it, or take it down all together let me know. I gave you 100% credit it for it on Thingiverse.

I use this in my nitrox stick, works great!

Edit: Should also include the bushing / plug for the O2 sensor. The bushing fits inside of 1/2" PVC, so on my stick I have 2" x 2" x 1/2" T that this goes into to accept an O2 sensor. The plug is just in case you need to remove the sensor for whatever reason. The plug requires an o ring. Same one's that come on the adapter for the O2 sensor bung.

I might have cut the 1/2" down some do get the bung more into the flow, can't remember.

With these and some PVC just about anyone could build a nitrox stick for next to nothing. @tbone1004 suggested a solberg filter on top and that's what I have on mine.

Scaling change on James79's (James1979 on Thingiverse) BCD OPV. I scaled it to 50% for keeping the bulk off of a SMB --> DSMB.

Combining the Scuba bladder flange tool, scuba bladder flange (2 parts), and this BCD OPV I'm making a scaled down version for a SMB. This will make it a DSMB.

Because of hole scaling the inner bladder flange was too large for the outer bladder flange, and the outer bladder flange was too small for the OPV. The plunger was also a smidgen small. So this is my scaling in CURA: Inner bladder flange 50% in X, Y; outer bladder flange 51% in X,Y; Plunger 52% in X, Y; Tool 51% in X, Y; and OPV 50% in X, Y. I left Z at 100%. Now the threads and the tool mate perfectly.

I'm printing in PLA+, 0.4mm nozzle, layer 0.16, 220C to get good adhesion, and at 100% infill (probably doesn't matter with this file).

With any luck it will work in the ocean. I'll find out this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20220406_194318747_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220406_194318747_HDR.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 127
A few more things I just got around to posting on thingiverse

DSMB mouthpiece adapter. I find I can't seal on the oral inflator in cold water, so I added a standard mouthpiece to mine. It has worked well for me for well over 5 years. A friend asked for one, so I got around to making new files. I have 2 versions. Use the one that fits your DSMB end the best.

First picture is v3 and second is v6.

Attachments

• IMG_20230324_185528668_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230324_185528668_HDR.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 75
  • dsmb.jpg
    dsmb.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 82
Scaling change on James79's (James1979 on Thingiverse) BCD OPV. I scaled it to 50% for keeping the bulk off of a SMB --> DSMB.

Combining the Scuba bladder flange tool, scuba bladder flange (2 parts), and this BCD OPV I'm making a scaled down version for a SMB. This will make it a DSMB.

Because of hole scaling the inner bladder flange was too large for the outer bladder flange, and the outer bladder flange was too small for the OPV. The plunger was also a smidgen small. So this is my scaling in CURA: Inner bladder flange 50% in X, Y; outer bladder flange 51% in X,Y; Plunger 52% in X, Y; Tool 51% in X, Y; and OPV 50% in X, Y. I left Z at 100%. Now the threads and the tool mate perfectly.

I'm printing in PLA+, 0.4mm nozzle, layer 0.16, 220C to get good adhesion, and at 100% infill (probably doesn't matter with this file).

With any luck it will work in the ocean. I'll find out this weekend.
This mini dump valve did not pass the usage test.

V1 of a Goodman handle insert I made for the excellent XTAR D26 1600S. I paired it with the lower half of an Ammonite handle I had lying around, but part of V2 will be printing the lower half of the handle as well.

The other improvement I’d like to make is a surround/protector for the on/off button, as the electronic lock is fairly ineffectual and I’ve seen reports of people burning out the LED by having the light turn on during travel.

Printed with PETG with 100% infill, seems to hold up fairly well from its two saltwater dives so far. One of my first functional prints for underwater use, so any feedback very welcome!

C51BC360-B071-4FF5-A023-AEE0E6085C08.jpeg
1CE7D60B-0BEB-4A1B-92F8-9807B2CBB0B1.jpeg

Has anyone tried printing a mouthpiece?

I am looking for a drawing I can modify for my cyklon 300, has the extra large hole, I really like the longbite mouthpiece, and am wondering if some of the flexible 3d plastics would work....

No, but using TPU with an FDM machine might work.

There are SLA resins that are suitable for prolonged skin contact but I'm not sure if any of those are flexible. Most SLA resins are pretty toxic, even when fully cured.

The gold standard would be a silicone, but I'm not aware of a good printer for silicone on the market. (There's one company making silicone printers, but it's not good or affordable).

Has anyone tried printing a mouthpiece?

I am looking for a drawing I can modify for my cyklon 300, has the extra large hole, I really like the longbite mouthpiece, and am wondering if some of the flexible 3d plastics would work....
I started trying to model one, but it kicked my butt. That was a couple years ago, though. With a decent design, the softest TPE you could print (for my machine it's duro 83) on a dual print head machine (different material for supports) would probably work ok. Other option is to print a mold and cast it in silicone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom