A repository of 3D print STL sources

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How are they holding up? I tried printing these a while back but some of the spikes fell off. I do think I had maybe not the greatest roll of PETG.

I bought the highland version when they were on sale and the design is awesome. Perfect for changing just a little weight on the fly.

I just had someone print x6 (3 sets) for $25 shipped to me. Once they arrive I’ll let ya know!

Also if anyone needs any STL files 3D printed I found someone who does great work for reasonable prices. PM me and I can make the referral.

I just had someone print x6 (3 sets) for $25 shipped to me. Once they arrive I’ll let ya know!

Also if anyone needs any STL files 3D printed I found someone who does great work for reasonable prices. PM me and I can make the referral.

My experience with PETG underwater is after a while wherever it's stressed it ends up cracking. Just make sure that you check periodically so you don't lose a weight.

My experience with PETG underwater is after a while wherever it's stressed it ends up cracking. Just make sure that you check periodically so you don't lose a weight.

Good call, appreciate it. Will do

Maybe I should do some extra bungee routing to hold the weight plate tighter?

Although the plates make it more secure you can also do it with just bungee itself.

Good call, appreciate it. Will do

Maybe I should do some extra bungee routing to hold the weight plate tighter?

I'm not sure. Anything can help. I would think you'll be able to tell before it actually breaks. With my goodman handle I can see small cracks way before it actually cracked. They were so small I still used it, but it needed to be reprinted like once year. Not a big deal if you own a printer. Mine were printed in a clear PETG, so I could see inside of it a little. A solid color might be harder.

Although the plates make it more secure you can also do it with just bungee itself.

I can see where in certain situations they could wiggle off by just using bungee? Maybe? I guess it depends on the diving. My diving is pretty rough and will only get rougher.

I will say the plates are a pretty neat little design. If made with something other than PETG (maybe ABS nylon?) they would be awesome (and maybe PETG will be fine, maybe my roll of PETG is crap, not sure). The highland ones I have I think are delrin, the bungee is the weakest part. But they're pretty tight and with the plates the weights can't slide and the bungee can't deform the webbing. If one bungee breaks I'll replace all of them.

Interested to see how this goes.

Been wanting to do this for awhile, finally got around to it. Dry Gloves for my Si-Tech Quick Cuff System.
Its up on Printables and Thingiverse if you are interested.

These prototypes work suprisingly well for PLA+. I plan to do them in my favorite Nylon Carbon Fiber for durability.

My first proto wound up too small for my hands, so I went bigger, but had to sacrafice the second o-ring. So for the normal size haded people, the double o-ring will serve you well.

20240225_153016.jpg
20240225_153619.jpg

I have huge hands and in normal rings I can't get my hands though, usually getting in will work but getting out is next to impossible.....

Has anyone ever printed ovel ones so the ring diameter stays smaller?

I have huge hands and in normal rings I can't get my hands though, usually getting in will work but getting out is next to impossible.....

Has anyone ever printed ovel ones so the ring diameter stays smaller?
Wouldn't be hard to design. Do you have Ovals on your suit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom