A post for a friend (Jim Lapenta)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sending you love and strength to get through this.

Rachel

i'm so sorry. thank you for sharing your & denise's journey. to most folks posting, i'm sure online words seem like such a little thing, but my scubaboard family was a genuine help when jameson was so sick, and i hope we are to you, too.

Jim . . . You have done much for SB'ers in need.

May your god be with you during this, the toughest times.

If you need anything, let me know. jhbryaniv@gmail.com

You are. we are still here. She essentially is gone. But she was told years ago that she had a strong heart. It seems like it is trying to prove it. The problem is her lungs are having to work so hard and her brain is demanding the oxygen. Her legs and hands are like ice. I can't get them warm no matter how much I try. She is getting bathed now. Yesterday morning she opened her eyes wide for the last time. They have not been open since. She looked right at her mom and told her she looked nice. Then she looked up and around and began to try to say how beautiful everything was. She said she could see people. Her dad, her gramma, her aunt who was also her godmother. I have rarely seen such a look of joy on anyone's face. I can only describe it as pure joy. She glowed with this for about 20 minutes and then closed her eyes. Before she went completely under I asked her if she knew that now could she not only walk but run. She nodded her head, smiled, relaxed, and there has been nothing since save some involuntary movements. The doc just upped the morphine a bit and he said it will not be long. I am not going to be posting anymore til it;s over. I will be keeoing this open because even though it seems she is gone I'm still talking to her and telling her things. Some of which is what you all post. So PLEASE feel free to send her prayers and good thoughts.

Your courage during this trying time is an inspiration. May God bless and keep you both; you are in my prayers.

Jim,

I went through this not too long ago, and feel your pain........Stay by her side, and enjoy what you have left with each other. Best wishes to you both

Tom

Jim, I wish you both peace. And, echo take care of yourself also!! If you need to talk, you have my number. Call any time.

You are. we are still here. She essentially is gone. But she was told years ago that she had a strong heart. It seems like it is trying to prove it. The problem is her lungs are having to work so hard and her brain is demanding the oxygen. Her legs and hands are like ice. I can't get them warm no matter how much I try. She is getting bathed now. Yesterday morning she opened her eyes wide for the last time. They have not been open since. She looked right at her mom and told her she looked nice. Then she looked up and around and began to try to say how beautiful everything was. She said she could see people. Her dad, her gramma, her aunt who was also her godmother. I have rarely seen such a look of joy on anyone's face. I can only describe it as pure joy. She glowed with this for about 20 minutes and then closed her eyes. Before she went completely under I asked her if she knew that now could she not only walk but run. She nodded her head, smiled, relaxed, and there has been nothing since save some involuntary movements. The doc just upped the morphine a bit and he said it will not be long. I am not going to be posting anymore til it;s over. I will be keeoing this open because even though it seems she is gone I'm still talking to her and telling her things. Some of which is what you all post. So PLEASE feel free to send her prayers and good thoughts.

Jim, I lost my mom in a similar process. She was 4 weeks in the hospital then on the week 3 I signed the papers & they unplugged everything. Remarkably she lasted a full week with no food or water, only an insane amount of Morphine and a few other drugs administered orally. One day just prior to her passing she opened her eyes, smiled and told me she saw her mom. She was as coherent as could be. Her eyes were clear as was her speech. The remarkable thing was her mom passed during childbirth to my uncle when my mom was 3. This not-so-small event stays with me. I hold it close and it often gives me strength.
Hold onto the the happy thoughts, I'll pray for you and your wife and will make a small donation in her name.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom