A post for a friend (Jim Lapenta)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just finished this I hope SB will also forgive me if I post it in the passings forum as well as my SEI forum.

Churney, Denise Lynne- Beloved Spouse, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Stepmother went to be with our Lord on 1/7/2010 after a 30+ year battle with muscular dystrophy. During this time she never allowed her illness to hold her back. In addition to crocheting, her computer, shopping, swimming, and being around scuba divers who treated her like a queen, she enjoyed being in the sun in places like Key Largo and Key West, Ocean City, Cozumel Mexico, in a helicopter over Niagara Falls, strolling around Washington D.C., Jamaica, the Bahamas, Epcot, and Bonaire that she traveled to as well as her own backyard.

She also greatly loved her cats- Sweetie, Charlie, Maggie, and Okey Dokey. She was a regular visitor as well to the slots. She also in 2009 snorkeled in the ocean for the first time in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Roller coasters were also a favorite activity and she always wanted to skydive but did not get the chance. A great joy was visiting friends and family and talking with them. In all she not only knew how to live but taught others how as well through her amazing spirit and strong, generous heart. Her greatest joy was bringing a smile to the face of everyone she met.

She is survived by her husband, friend, lover, and caregiver James Lapenta. Her mother Loretta Churney, sister Darlene Jury and husband Ron, brother John Churney and girlfriend Joyce, Nephews Matthew, Anthony, and Steven (girlfriend Leah) Jury, Nephews Jason and wife Dawn and daughter Kamarya, Trevor, and Evan (girlfriend Alyssa) Churney. She will also be greatly missed by step children Senior Airman Joshua (girlfriend Mia), and his sister Katherine Lapenta. In addition she leaves behind favorite Uncle Bill DePaoli and wife Ollie as well as numerous other Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, personal care attendants and people whose lives she touched and continues to touch through donations made in her name by numerous scuba friends to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

She was preceded in death by her father John Churney, her grand parents, her beloved Aunt and Godmother Lorna, and other dear family members.

God Bless you Jim and your family. Thank you for sharing a part of her with us! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. :angel2:

Carolyn:shark2:

Wow Jim, that's beautiful. Thank you for sharing so openly. My your Denise be at peace and you and the family find peace and comfort in knowing she is in a better place.

Hello Jim,
It is a powerful peaceful thought that the glow you witnessed in the hospital is upon Denise all the time now! The absolute peace and joy and make no mistake whether grassy field or sunny beach she is digging her toe's into the turf and taking it all in!
Peace be with you in this tough time as every warrior deserves his rest!
This was the greatest triumph Jim, you fought the good fight. Rest now and know that Denise is free from all pain and hinderances and very thankful for your love and kindness. Take care my friend,
Cam

My condolences Jim; may Denise rest in-peace. Be well my friend.

I'm at a loss for words, yet again....

Jim :hugs:

Jim, Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time and may your God give you strength and comfort.
While her journey here on earth may be complete, know that Denise is at peace and waiting for you to be together again. May she continue to live in your memory and her spirit in your heart until that time.

Back
Top Bottom