A new door has opened up for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all,

I really appreciate the support... especially for a beginner.

When I went to the gallery to show my work it was really a bit unnerving to have the owner go thru the shots, comment (helpful) and select the ones he thought would sell. Ahhh my art my art :wink:

Of course the ones that were my fav's never made the cut...

But when I signed the show agreement as "artist" it was cool.

Actually I think there is a hunger among the non-diving public for underwater shots. We can convey some of the excitement, wonder, joy beauty, otherworldliness and so forth that we experience when we dive.

Congrats! The closest we had to that kind of excitement was the guy at Kinko's giving me a tough time about blowing up a couple of shots because he didn't believe that we took them!

Great news on the gallery space!!! Congratulations!

micahjt:
Right but anyone can use your photo until you dispute its use. If the photo is marked as copyrighted material it can not be used without permission to begin with. I doubt anyone is going to be able to keep tabs on all media to see if your material is being used somewhere it shouldn't.

Isn't that correct?

No, no one can use it use whether it is marked or not. Your copyright is inherent at the creation of the art. Just because there isn't a mark does not give you or anyone the right to use any image (or other creation) in any manner until you have permission from the creator.

Doesn't stop people from stealing and nor do the marks (except some of those that truly ruin the image in the first place so how can you display your images to their best advantage?) Even marked images have been used - sometimes editors etc don't check.

You'll never keep tabs on all of your stuff once it hits the net. All you can do is hope that most ppl are honest. And when you find infringements, deal with them quickly and firmly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom