A mid-week escape from Cozumel...Holbox...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver:
Hi Jay....yes I am jealous too....that those guys are there diving and we are stuck here watching shark week on Discovery....:mooner:

Yep :sharkattack:

At least when I see you all in June I can "see" you - had the eye surgery!! :eyemouth:

Wow, seeing those guys is definitly on my to do list. I think your photos are great!!

Christi:
No scuba, period. The bubbles scare them away!

Hi Christi,
I hope I don't buzzer you too much with my questions, but here is another one:
Do they supply weight belts for neutral buoyancy or you have to bring one if you are allowed?
Thank you
Paul

paulpost:
Hi Christi,
I hope I don't buzzer you too much with my questions, but here is another one:
Do they supply weight belts for neutral buoyancy or you have to bring one if you are allowed?
Thank you
Paul

No weight belts. Why would you need one? They want you positively buoyant, not neutral and not negative.

You are REQUIRED to wear a flotation device whether that be a wet suit or one of the supplied life jackets.

Thank you for your fast response.
I intend to record the event so a neutral buoyancy will help me dive for a few seconds (15 to 20 seconds) and get a better shot if possible and considering that I'll use an SPK housing that are very buoyant having a weight belt to make me neutral will be a great help.
Paul

paulpost:
Thank you for your fast response.
I intend to record the event so a neutral buoyancy will help me dive for a few seconds (15 to 20 seconds) and get a better shot if possible and considering that I'll use an SPK housing that are very buoyant having a weight belt to make me neutral will be a great help.
Paul

Yes, I understand how weight belts work and what they are for and how they can help in photographic/video situations.

Again, they REQUIRE you to wear flotation devices because they do not want you neutral or negative. This is not optional. Positive buoyancy is required for this experience if you're going to follow the rules.

Remember, no flash allowed either, so leave it at home or in Coz.

Tanks again, now I have the does and dont's that will help allot to get the best of this experience. Sorry for being so demanding.
You've been a great help.
Thank you again.
Paul

paulpost:
Tanks again, now I have the does and dont's that will help allot to get the best of this experience. Sorry for being so demanding.
You've been a great help.
Thank you again.
Paul

NO! NO TANKS! SNORKEL ONLY! <ducks> ;^)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom