A mid-week escape from Cozumel...Holbox...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulpost:
Hi Christi,
Thank you for your post, the pictures are great.
Quick question, are you offering this trip to other divers that don't dive with you?
If not can you give more details of how to get there from Coz and where to sign up for the trip?
Looks that you have to stay overnight ?
Thank you
Paul
Hi Paulpost,
We're going next week on the whale shark trip and you can book it on http://www.whalesharkexperience.com . We had a meeting with Sky, the owner of Dove6, who does the Whale Shark trip, and he was awesome... happened to take his instructor training at my local dive shop! Anyway, he charges $195 for the day, including lunch, plus he has some more comprehensive packages including Ceynotes, etc. I'm so psyched for this trip - I got back into diving after a long, long break after going to the new Georgia Aquarium and seeing the Whale Sharks there.

Tolen:
Hi Paulpost,
We're going next week on the whale shark trip and you can book it on http://www.whalesharkexperience.com . We had a meeting with Sky, the owner of Dove6, who does the Whale Shark trip, and he was awesome... happened to take his instructor training at my local dive shop! Anyway, he charges $195 for the day, including lunch, plus he has some more comprehensive packages including Ceynotes, etc. I'm so psyched for this trip - I got back into diving after a long, long break after going to the new Georgia Aquarium and seeing the Whale Sharks there.

Is that $195 from Cozumel and including transportation, etc.? Is it a one day thing or overnigh?

ALL of the operators in Holbox include a box lunch.

mississippidiver:
Christi,

What are the costs and depart/return times, etc. for your trip? Is it an overnight stay? Is food included?

I am not selling this trip, this was a personal trip. I am THINKING about offering this trip as an option next season, but it will only be for those diving with me. See post #4 in this thread.

In Holbox, I used www.holboxmonkeys.com.mx or you can book an all-inclusive trip that includes transportation, etc. through Cozumel Insider www.cozumelinsider.com

Christi:
I am not selling this trip, this was a personal trip. I am THINKING about offering this trip as an option next season, but it will only be for those diving with me. See post #4 in this thread.

In Holbox, I used www.holboxmonkeys.com.mx or you can book an all-inclusive trip that includes transportation, etc. through Cozumel Insider www.cozumelinsider.com

It's unfortunate that they choose to put photos on their site with people touching the whale sharks. www.holboxmonkeys.com.mx/whale-shark.html The powers that be in Holbox are trying very hard to control the activity and protect the whale sharks. As Holbox gets more media play and more visitors, that's getting to be a harder task.

scubawife:
It's unfortunate that they choose to put photos on their site with people touching the whale sharks. www.holboxmonkeys.com.mx/whale-shark.html The powers that be in Holbox are trying very hard to control the activity and protect the whale sharks. As Holbox gets more media play and more visitors, that's getting to be a harder task.

I agree, the photos are not appealing, but keep in mind that these people are not marketing geniuses. They are however the key players in Holbox for the Whale Shark tours and they are in fact very strict with the rules.

I imagine (but can't confirm) that these pictures are dated. Still doesn't make it right, but they are responsible when it comes to the actual deal.

Hi Jay....yes I am jealous too....that those guys are there diving and we are stuck here watching shark week on Discovery....:mooner:

Wow Christi what an awesome trip. I am sorry that I did not get an opportunity to dive with your operation when I was down there in June.
Promise to catch you real soon. My wife (non-diver) was sold on Cozumel, which will make my subsequent trips easier to sell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom