A Major Step Backwards: Mares abandons the ICON NET Ready

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kharon,

Thanks for the tips on battery replacement. Very helpful. Especially the wire config direction. That is something one thinks about after having already pull the connector LOL. I have seen the replacement battery on Leisure Pro. Is that where you got yours or is there another source?

Yep. LeisurePro. You get it fast and nowhere has it for less.

I'm planning to dive this Tuesday or Thursday (maybe both) with the new battery. I'll let you know how it goes, if I killed my Icon, and what I'll replace it with. Actually, I'm expecting no problems.

@Naboodiver @DerekR - If you want a backup Icon. I'm thinking about selling my Icon. Tested today (2 dives) with new battery - worked perfect. Any reasonable offer considered.

I am sure they stole the tech from Shearwater when they bought them.

Who bought Shearwater? Did I miss something?

I suspect that @Naboodiver meant Seabear. Clear example of how an acquisition produced nothing but wealth for the investors and bugger all for everyone else.

I suspect that @Naboodiver meant Seabear. Clear example of how an acquisition produced nothing but wealth for the investors and bugger all for everyone else.
Seabear is a sad story for sure. Seabear seemed like it was going to take off like a rocket, then it died a quiet death. Even all my local shops who never bother with the newest stuff (unless it happened to be 'the shop's brand') had seabear computers on hand.

@Naboodiver @DerekR - If you want a backup Icon. I'm thinking about selling my Icon. Tested today (2 dives) with new battery - worked perfect. Any reasonable offer considered.
Kharon,

My Icon is still working great (knock on wood - I should not have even said that with my Bonaire trip less than a week and a half away - kiss of death) so I am not in the market for a replacement/backup at this time. I can't believe you are willing to let yours go. I thought you were an ICON man until the end. However, I am glad your battery replacement was a success. That gives me hope that if I have to change the battery in the future that there is probably a good chance of success.

Is it a NetReady? With or without transmitter? I actually don't need another transmitter (I have a spare), but a backup Icon NetReady would be nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom