A little help needed in getting seals replaced.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T.C.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I guess this doesn't qualify as an emergency, but it's getting close to that. I have a trip scheduled in a few weeks, and plan to use my drysuit. Well, I did.

Gear inspection and PMCS come naturally to me, so that's what I just did. I haven't used my drysuit in about 2 1/2 years..so guess what condition the latex seals were in? That's right, I need to get my seals replaced; all 3 of them.

So now what? Do I send it back to the manufacturer (Pinnacle)?
Can I replace them myself?
Can I get detachable seals for them?

And now that my suit needs more intensive maintenance, what else do I need to inspect? Should I find a shop to take this to to get all this work done?

Anyone who's had to deal with this, please give me some guidance!

Contact Diverightinscuba.com They will give you all the options and help you what way you go.

Contact Diverightinscuba.com They will give you all the options and help you what way you go.
Talked to the local shop today, they're shipping it to DRIS for me. Thanks.

I have always had excellent results with Mark Owens at Superior Diving Repair - Superior Diving Repair, Inc.. 218-825-7009
Wanted to ask your opinion, but I found the bad seals at 2300 on Sunday in Texas, and the shop called me about a set of fins at 10 the next morning.

I'll remember that if I need any other repairs- Thanks.

DRIS have done a couple of repairs and fitted a neck ring to my suit. Overall very happy with their work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom