A Glove-Tip, For Shutterbugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reel Steel

Reaction score
Being able to maintain the feel for your controls, is of course of paramount-interet to all of us. I've dicovered that baseball batter's gloves are the answer for me. The're inexpensive, and will last quite awhile if you're not a rockgrabber. I don't get cold easily, so warmth is not relative, but nobody likes to be without protection going up and down a line. Just a thought.Peace-Dive hard, and often! :wink:

I use a pair of workout gloves that I've cut the tips out of the thumb and forefinger of the right glove. Golf gloves also work pretty well.

Radiator have just released a pair of gloves (they are .5mm but are claimed to be much warmer than that). I tried them on the other day and the fit so well that you can operate anything with ease. They are by far the best gloves I have ever tried on - I currently use tusa titanium gloves (I thought these were the best things ever last year).

They have smooth neoprene on the wrist section which will create an awesome seal with any wetsuit (especially a semi-dry like mine which already has wrist seals). Finally they are not outrageously expensive, AU $50 inc GST (or about US $25 - 30).

Oh yeah forgot to mention they are definatly stylish :wink:

Bunch of WWW's, try toggling though the menus in 5' surge, 14mm of neoprene, 40#'s of lead and 5mm gloves. You want to know what's funny about that, it is not that tough. Push your fingernail through the neoprene and you can hit the smallest button. Now making sure you don't get smacked into a rock is another story.

Cold water glove handling is tough...
I've gotten in the "Semi-Habit" (usually forget) of turning everything on BEFORE I get into the water as trying to feel the click from auto to manual setting is tough..
Did it click?? am I still in Auto or in Manual mode..

Finger nails, what I don't have of them, turn to much in the water... heheheh.. so most of the time, just hit or miss...
Don't get me wrong, you can feel the click sometimes, but in a rush to switch, it sometimes goes to video..

Was thinking of cutting the tips off of forefinger and thumb to keep the feel, but the 48F water is delaying that decision.. wait till the gloves wear out first...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom