A few Short Videos with SB Members

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Thanks for the post. I love to see video. It looked like toward the end of that second one everyone was kicking against the current to hold position and you still managed to shoot video facing them. Pretty good trick.

Willie

harold3:
What type of video setup did you use for this? Great colours

sony_hc30_front.jpg

It's this setup with a simple Sony DCR-HC30 camera (about $300)

The whole setup is about $1000 - it shoots great video. I use the ikelite UR Filter and the sony .6X wide angle lens, and that's it. No color enhancements have been done. I dump the video to Adobe Premier, and just edit it up, then convert to a WMV.

The whole setup with the camera inside only weighs 12 lbs on land. The only time I've needed to use lights so far is inside a wreck.

meekal:
who was in the shorty? what was the water temp? boyton beach?
The guy in the shorty is Wardric. He's from Quebec.

Water temp 76 F

Yes - Boynton Beach, FL

hehehehe - HAD to be canadian (like me) that would think 76 is "SHORTY" weather.... lucky guess on boyton.... saw the clip of the poor sod futzing with the 'ball' - i always feel sorry for that poor 'chosen' person that has to figure out how to be an instant 'divemaster' for the group.

meekal:
hehehehe - HAD to be canadian (like me) that would think 76 is "SHORTY" weather.... lucky guess on boyton.... saw the clip of the poor sod futzing with the 'ball' - i always feel sorry for that poor 'chosen' person that has to figure out how to be an instant 'divemaster' for the group.
The guy carrying the Buoy line... was the DM. :wink: He's also an SB'er and everyone on the boat that day was just our little group.

howarde:
Here's a few videos from over the weekend...
It seems like you have a great job.
Total Posts: 7,146 (16.42 posts per day)​
Diving and scubaboarding. What a life.

Thanks for sharing,

Willie

howarde:
The guy carrying the Buoy line... was the DM. :wink: He's also an SB'er and everyone on the boat that day was just our little group.

which boat in Boynton has an official DM? that's sooo cool... i've only been a few times and the everytime it was: captain says "

the boat is full... we'll be doing 2 drops.... you 6 go first, you 6 go second.... find a 'volunteer' to handle the ball....."

thus the 'instant' diveMaster qualifications requirements.....

Back
Top Bottom