A dive for the Chipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I heard something about it on CNN but I had no idea we went through there. I'm not sure where in the PI but CNN talked about Rebels shooting some people. Geeze, I might have to buy an AK in Manila for the next trip.

and some body guards might help too.

clgsamson:
sorry to hear about this guys...
Caloy, the guy is like a neighbor to me, and a Pinoy.

Here, I googled this awhile back...

"One of many articles matching your search for "Christopher Jenning (shot in Lipa City)"

Slain man, 20, is buried; mother ignorant of death
By Sarah Krupp | Apr 6, 2006

Twenty-year-old Christopher Jennings was buried in his hometown of Antioch this week, but his mother couldn't mourn him.

Recovering in a Philippines hospital from the same attack that killed Christopher, Josefina Jennings doesn't know that her youngest child, the one who doted on her most, is dead.

Her children have kept Christopher's death from her, fearing that the grief will hinder her recovery from the gunshot wounds that pierced her uterus and have, at least for now, rendered her kidneys useless.

Five gunmen opened fire at the victims in front of a resort in Lipa City, Batangas Province, on March 23. Christopher and Josefina were vacationing and visiting relatives in the Philippines.

Josefina's sister and niece were also wounded. Their driver was shot and killed. The Philippines police have told Christopher's sister Maria Kepoo that they have apprehended two suspects.

"I hope we find justice ... because I think the Filipino people and American people that go there could be in the same dangerous situation that my mother and my brother were."

Christopher hadn't been to the Philippines, where he was born, since he was a young boy. Josefina moved to Antioch when she decided to leave the grating poverty of the Philippines behind some 18 years ago to give her children a better life.

They adapted well to their new lives in America. Christopher, a 2003 Antioch High School graduate, became a talented break dancer. But freaking, the kind of thrusting dance in vogue with teens and 20-somethings, confounded him.

He had recently asked his older brother Johndel "John" Jennings to teach him how to freak dance.

"Other than break dancing, he didn't know how to dance. Especially in the clubs, with a girl," said Peter Sandkuhle, John's roommate, who was also a friend of Christopher's.

Jovial, with a huge smile and laugh, Christopher had many friends. Services for him on Tuesday drew about 250 mourners to a Pittsburg funeral home. He made his friends and relatives laugh with funny accents and strange eating habits.

"He would eat cheese with everything ... with rice. He just sprinkled it on top of rice and ate it. Just like that," said his sister Kristina Jennings. "Anything he could get his hands on, he would sprinkle cheese on it."

Josefina and Christopher moved to Daly City two years ago, where they were renting an apartment. He was working in cargo at the San Francisco International Airport and in food service at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek. His sisters said he was planning to go to school and become a firefighter."

I don't like to speculate but it seems like these people were targeted for some reason. I have not heard of random violence in the PI to nearly the same degree as the US.

what a shame

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom