A day at Force Fin HQ USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HI Guys,
Well back from DEMA and must say I enjoyed the show and meeting many folks at the ScubaBoard booth.

I worked on Friday and Saturday and got to visit around a little. Didn't spend too much money but made a small dent in one of my cards.

Wished FF had been there, but no biggie I guess.....

Did dive in Crystal River and Key West..... Fantasy Fest was quiet the experience :eyebrow:

.......the current was very strong on the wreck of the Cayman in KW, but the Tan Deltas were up to the task. 4 of the 12 divers passed on the 2nd dive of the day... really can't blame them.

Regards,
Bob C.

Islandheart, sorry to have missed you at Dema. We have always been at Dema since 1982, but this year as the President of "The Academy of Underwater Arts and Sciences" I was putting on the 50th Gala Anniversary. The Academy came first this year. See you next year in Vegas, where I plan to show the next generation of Force Fins.

This is a first and this is very cool!! Kabir Cardenas, one of our Local Force Finers, just happen to be soaring over Force Fin Head Quarters this last Saturday while paragliding when he took this picture. He starts up in the hills and lands at the beach which is less than a mile from where he snapped this photo.
ffhq_kabir.jpg

Great photo Kabir!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. Safe flying and safe diving! If you have time tomorrow stop in, by car not on your paraglider.

These Fins Rock ~, but I won't write another word until I get the new pair in the water tomorrow. Bob just showed them to me and they are poured with a lower durameter then these Sapphire Blue beauties and they have a striking smoke/black amethyst color to it. Can't wait to get wet tomorrow!
hockeyfin2_bpm.jpg

hockyfin_bpm.jpg

its the new hockey fins right ?
they kinda remind me of the excellerators (or maybe the extra force due to the width) but they have a kind of scalloped edge reminiscent of the sd-1 fins :)
have fun blair and tell us how it was :)

Ickis,
You are right it has design elements from different models of Force Fins. The underside of the fin is just as beautiful as the front with dynamic structure the really makes the fin launch. Bob's famous world Clock has been staring at me and as the new Force Fins sit on top of my back pack from Extreme Outfitters (the pack is the best) the fins are calling me. I will have to leave you with this photo and see if Bob will notice that I can not wait until tomorrow to try them out have tried to get them down to the Ocean- wish me luck he is on the phone- this is my chance-
hf_78_bpm.jpg

I would also like to know what you think the name of the fin should be. Bob especially wants to hear from our DIR supporters. Come one come all and you have a chance to name a Force Fin!
I am clocking out and heading to the beach!

Avi, this so called Hockey fin kicks like a Donkey..I have never been a fan of the Frog Kick but this would make a Frog happy. What I have learned since making my first fin in 1971 is how to put in internal spring structure. So it's the kick back that's unreal in this blade design which has some Excellerating shapes. This fin is going to put Humpty Dumpty back on the wall. Tomorrow I will test the purple Tan Delta 78a. Today I tested the 82a and it was easier to kick. We need the Force in the name, Frog Force, Donkey Force, Avi Force....

Last edited:
Puck Force? Hockey.

A frogkick is the leg portion of a breast stroke. Breast Force? Stroke Force?

Hrm, no matter which way my mind goes, the names are all the kind that cause boycotts.

Since its inspired by the specific need for underwater hockey.... The name could be inspired by hockey, but not a hockey term. You want to convey that punch of power in the fin, with a wink and nod indirectly to the inspiration.

Slam Force

When you think hockey, you think of some guy getting slammed into the plexiglass. When you put this fin on, you are ready to go gung ho into some manly underwater sports where people don't care about fin philosophy, they just care about scoring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom