A Dangerous gas mixture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... Simon Richards states that your data implies that the isolator should be open when analyzing. My conclusion is just the opposite. To me your data clearly implies that IF the tanks have different mixes, then the most reliable way to detect this condition is to analyze with the isolator shut. Otherwise you're drawing from both tanks and will get something close to an average reading. Am I missing something??
Nope. You've got it right. If you let your tanks get filled out of your personal control, you are wise to analyse each post with the isolator closed. Just remember to open that sucker before you go diving :)
As an additional side note, if you ever do get different gasses in your doubles, to get them synced again treat them as independent tanks - that is, you can completely drain one, then open the isolator and get the same mix in both that way before filling with the isolator open as it should be, or with the isolator closed you can adjust one to match the other mix-wise and then open the isolator to equalize the pressure before final topping.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom