A couple questions on ordering first drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1 - I prefer plastic
2 - Yes, I like the Simple warm neck
3 - Yes, silicone
4 - I expect Seaskin will be the most economical to get the glove side from
5 - I have standard placement. I have friends that like the DIR placement. DIR placement may be slightly harder to reach when wearing thick undergarments - but give a little easier dumping. I have no issue with dumping from the standard placement, however.
6 - I prefer Si Tech. The Apeks Low Profile dump seems to be problematic for a non-trivial number of people and I would rather not have the "high profile" Apeks dump. Also, having Si Tech made it very easy for me to swap my inflator valve for one with a power passthrough to run heated undergarments.
7 - I think the compressed neo socks are the way to go.
8 - I would definitely get the Kevlar knee pads. I got some of the other protection and now think it was a waste of money.
9 - I prefer the zippered pockets - but I do wish they were a little larger. I don't like velcro pockets as they always seem to want to close on their own, making it harder for me to get stuff out.

I would really recommend getting a P valve, if you weren't planning on it. You don't have to use it. But, once you do start using it, you will wonder why you ever didn't.

Thanks to you and everybody else here. It gave me a lot to think about. I did end up ordering the nova today. I just couldn't bring myself to spend 3x the price (at least) at a dive shop. Nothing off the rack will work for me. I went all out. Haven't ordered the undergarments yet, still need to do that.

Thanks too you and everybody else here. It have me a lot to think about. I did end up ordering the nova today. I just couldn't bring myself to spend 3x the price (at least) at a dive shop. Nothing off the rack will work for me. I went all out. Haven't ordered the undergarments yet, still need to do that.

what did you get?

what did you get?
I ordered the nova (seaskin). Did the sitech neck and kubi ring with silicone, got a standard p-valve, knee pads, extra allowance for bigger undergarments. I know it may be a little big with less garments, hopefully not too bad.

I also order 2 bellows pockets, computer and knife attachment points, and wider straps. I probably went overboard on some of it, but seaskin is pretty reasonable to have things added at the factory versus doing them after the fact. Now I just have to wait until april.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom