A couple of new hotels on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the original name was just "Cabanas del Caribe". It changed sometime in the early 1990s, I think, when it came under the management of Paradisus (Melia). Being old school, I keep calling it by its original name. Hell, I still call the Park Royal the Sol Caribe and I still think of Hotel B as the Cantarell!

I was just looking at the Westin, considering a trip to Cozumel. After reading this thread I'm thinking maybe not. We've never been to Cozumel before so I didn't realize the hotel is North and the good diving is South. We just got back from Bonaire. Although we loved it, we would like our next trip to be "big" stuff. We're hitting up Jupiter the first weekend of February to see some sharks (hopefully) but usually do a April/May trip. Trying to figure out where to go. (I travel for a living, so I have lots of Marriott/Starwood points. I'm trying to exhaust places we can go for free before I venture out and have to pay. I also fly Delta, so that is a consideration. Not paying for hotel/air really opens up $$ for diving/food)

I was just looking at the Westin, considering a trip to Cozumel. After reading this thread I'm thinking maybe not. We've never been to Cozumel before so I didn't realize the hotel is North and the good diving is South. We just got back from Bonaire. Although we loved it, we would like our next trip to be "big" stuff. We're hitting up Jupiter the first weekend of February to see some sharks (hopefully) but usually do a April/May trip. Trying to figure out where to go. (I travel for a living, so I have lots of Marriott/Starwood points. I'm trying to exhaust places we can go for free before I venture out and have to pay. I also fly Delta, so that is a consideration. Not paying for hotel/air really opens up $$ for diving/food)
Staying on the north side of town and diving are not mutually exclusive, but it can be inconvenient. Most likely you'd have to grab a cab every dive day to get to a boat pickup.

The Occidental is so beautiful and lush..the rooms arecgrand..ac is awesome. Two pools a great beach and 4 restaurant's all for $1084 a week for the wife and I...how much more economical can it get?

Oh wait....free nitrox from on premises dive op ProDive.....hellllllllllloooooo

Oh, and free Tequila too.

Equestrian and polo grounds? Really????
Really! I just report it... I don't make it up! I suppose it would be to compete with the Polo El Rey polo grounds at Puerto Morelos on the coast. Below is an image from the tenth annual Rogers Cup held there.

20171112_173756.jpg

I stay on the North side at Villa Aldora and quite like it. Aldora picks us up there. I’ve seen Dave Dillehay post that he can make some accommodations for people staying on the North side. In any case, if you can get free airfare and a free hotel room, it shouldn’t be too much of a burden to take a cab to the pier downtown or to the caleta. Lots of people stay in town and north of town. If you stay south, it can be harder to get into town. The farthest south resorts are all-inclusives. If I had enough points to stay at the Westin, I would seriously consider it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom