A career in Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...myself, I never look at the original post date, just read, hopefully think a bit, then type.

Victoria - where are you now Lass?!

( I smell a poll thread coming on: "What is the oldest thread you have responded to, thinking it to be current?" )

DSD

You know - perhaps this thread was trying to call me back into the world of diving - after i posted that thread i got sucked into the rat race in london. 5 years on and I am now just coming out of it and I am finally taking the jump into the deep blue world... perhaps a little wiser and more business savvy now! Its taken me a while to get here but come October I'll be off - and hopefully bumping into like-minded divers on the way!

Holy resurrected threads, Batman! :shocked:

(It's OK, it's your own thread after all... :rofl3:)

Its taken me a while to get here but come October I'll be off - and hopefully bumping into like-minded divers on the way!
So Victoria...where have you decided to go to? Did you get any PM's about the places in Thailand? I too have been looking at them and not had a big response from those who've experienced them.

Im off to Dahab first - I have friends out there who own a dive centre and I just love the place! Hopefully be there for about 6 months and will eventually make my way to Thailand via the transiberian, China & Vietnam - but will be well and truly DM status by then!

I did a bit of research in to Thailand years back when this thread first started - there were a lot of options around an internship rather than paying but if you read back thru the thread some suggest that internships can often end in being worked like a slave and sometimes its better to pay. I have heard rumours in the past that safety may not be a priority out there but I would not be able to give you my word on that. I would have thought that would be the case on any diving resort though. There are good ones and bad ones and once u get there and start talking to the resident divers you will get the gist!

How exciting though - Thailand is suppose to have some epic diving!

I absolutely will - you'll wish you never said that!

hksginger .... speak to katdiver... looks like they have a pretty decent dive centre out there!

Enjoy Dahab - best diving of nearly anywhere in the world. I can think of a lot worse places to go!

Back
Top Bottom