a bit of an unusual request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi all. i'm buying a very gently used BC and am going on vacation soon and would like to test it out in someone's pool that happens to have a tank i can use:) is there anyone on here that lives in or near Sugar Land that has a tank and a pool that i could come test out the BC? i would be happy to bring a delicious homemade chocolate almond cheesecake with strawberries for a treat:):)

Have you contacted your Local Dive Shop? If you have any questions/problems with the BCD, you will have an experienced technician available to take a look. Most shops will charge a small fee to use the pool, some won't charge if you are a regular customer.

there is no LDS in Sugar Land area. there used to be one, but it closed 2-3 yrs ago. would have to go to houston, which i could do if need be(it's not that far), but was trying to test it out closer to home. the BC only has 19 dives on it and was serviced less than a year ago, so i'm not expecting any issues, but you never know. bogrady, i think you're a bit too far away........like three hours?? right?? i don't have a picture of my chocolate almond cheesecake, but it's yummy, it's my hubby's favorite dessert.

If you can't get any takers in Sugarland - I have a pool and a tank in South Austin.
Please provide a picture of the cheescake.

You'll do anything for a free dessert won't you Bill...

If the cheescake is good enough, I'll move the pool and meet you halfway - how about the mall parking lot in Katy? As a displaced NY'er ... It's ALWAYS about the Cheescake!

I'm sorry ... It's been a very slow day here at the office and I just couldn't resist this one ...

... Please provide a picture of the cheescake.

Grable1.jpg

LOL you are so funny!!!! love it!!! well, i must say, it's my miles of legs that got my hubby's attention all those years ago, and still do! i'm 5'9 1/2 and all legs. your post is truly funny:) well, i'm not having much luck finding a tank and a pool nearby........i may end up having to drive to the dive shop in houston that i use. too bad it'd be so much work for you to move that pool!

I wish I had a pool to help you out. I'm in the SL area also. HSA isn't that terribly far (about 10 minutes) and they've always been very helpful - testing out my gear in their pool.

Funny thing, I heard on the radio one morning while on my way to work, that kids were using Google Earth to find homes with pools and having a bit of a pool party while the homeowner's away. TOTALLY not endorsing this......:angel2:

HSA? i'm not familiar with them....what is the address? i've been going to Scuba Houston on Kimberly......far west houston.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom