A backup BCD inflator hose.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divnamite

Reaction score
I have DSS Torus wing, thinking about getting another inflator hose for my backup reg instead of switching it back and forth. Does all inflator hoses come at a standard connection?

Yes.

Not really sure what you mean?

Don't think he means "octo" or "second". Just another set of regs maybe.

Yes, get another inflator hose for your backup set of regulators. The hose is very, very inexpensive. No need to remove the LP inflator hose from one set of regulators and then attach it to your 2nd set of regulators when you are wanting to use your backup set.

Get another LP inflator hose.

Jeremy

No, they are not all the same. Today, most are a standard size but there are some that are different. Odds are yours is a standard size but don't assume that it is.

To answer what I believe is your question D., the hose, 1st stage and "standard" inflators are not proprietary. With respect to alternates such as the SS1, air 2 etc though, a different hose and quick disconnect is required at the inflator.

Eheheh, I was brain-dead when I posted the question. So let me rephrase. I have two sets of regs. When I go diving, I would like to switch the regs from time to time, just to make sure all gears are in good shape. Since I have only one BCD inflator hose, that means I have to unscrew the hose from one reg and screw it onto the other reg. It's a big PITA, so I'm gonna get a new inflator hose. I have an old, that didn't fit my DSS Torus wing, so I want to make sure the new one I get fits. Does anyone know which one should I get for this wing?

divnamite:
Eheheh, I was brain-dead when I posted the question. So let me rephrase. I have two sets of regs. When I go diving, I would like to switch the regs from time to time, just to make sure all gears are in good shape. Since I have only one BCD inflator hose, that means I have to unscrew the hose from one reg and screw it onto the other reg. It's a big PITA, so I'm gonna get a new inflator hose. I have an old, that didn't fit my DSS Torus wing, so I want to make sure the new one I get fits. Does anyone know which one should I get for this wing?

There are a couple different fittings used. The one used on the DSS inflators is by far the most common one used on regular inflators (not AirII etc.), and on most domestically produced Drysuits.

We can sell you second hose if you need one, or you can obtain one from TDL, or any number of other sources.

Regards,

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom