A 39MP camera!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C:
I agree. The bar is set. Now we'll get larger CCD's and less pixelation in popular models as mass production technology catches up. Given the size and price of Sony's HD videos, and their capture quality, it might not be long.

The problem is not that the sensor technology is not here, it is, or is close. The main issue is that the mount size of 35mm style glass makes it next to impossible to increase the sensor size beyond FF. Heck, Nikon's main issue with FF sensors is that they never changed their mount (Canon did when they went AF). So the Nikon mount is smaller in diameter vs. the Canon.

One reason the Kodak DCS SLR/n FF sensor had issues was exactly for that reason. Light falloff on the FF sensor made many lenses less than desirable. That camera really never took off, and it really could have if Kodak had just resolved a few of the issues.

78.gif

Just think about the increase in the suicide rate when the housing floods?

I heard talk of a 100MP "living" camera Jam but you can't buy it. There is a 4GP camera out there some guy is using to take pictures of US landmarks. It weighs 100 lbs. and uses 9' X 18" plates like the U2 spy plane.

Diver Dennis:
I heard talk of a 100MP "living" camera Jam but you can't buy it. There is a 4GP camera out there some guy is using to take pictures of US landmarks. It weighs 100 lbs. and uses 9' X 18" plates like the U2 spy plane.

The military just had a 110mpix camera produced. I have no idea what it's for, or much about it (top secret hush hush, kill you if they tell you kinda stuff!). I'm VERY sure that it must have a 100lbs lens attached to the silly thing, and it's likely mounted on a plane somewhere!

I'm not sure where I read about this, likely in a trade rag. I can find nothing on the net which is not surprising! :14: :m16: :bigun2:

Back
Top Bottom