99 dives.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

s****enstein:
If anyone has a boat with a nice cabin, swim platform, and open deck space that they want me to take off their hands for nothing (free moorage would be nice too), feel free to contact me.

Trying to get free stuff again S****enstein. Nice pictures of the Sask. and Cape Breton. The stills pictures from the video from the Cape dive look pretty too, and that tech diver on the pictures look awesome. :wink:

Hyper-limits:
Trying to get free stuff again S****enstein. Nice pictures of the Sask. and Cape Breton. The stills pictures from the video from the Cape dive look pretty too, and that tech diver on the pictures look awesome. :wink:
If no one will give me a free boat, maybe I'll make one out of PVC pipe and aquaseal. Yes, that tech diver looked extremely hardcore. A model of professionalism for the new generation.

I got my copy of 99 dives from Chapters.ca..............s****'s web is excellent, I recomend it often. Not meaning to mention the obvious but have you checked out Greg's book "diver's guide to South Van Island"? Also the web page "shore dives" (don't have the link handy) is good as well. Best of luck!

GoJu:
Anyone know where I can get a copy of this book.
Or what are the titles of her other books and is the new one out yet. Man is it difficult to get an extensive list of sites or any info of the area. Can someone tell me where to look.
I have posted a few threads in this direction and havn't found what I'm looking for. I've spent hours at the comp. loking for stuff and it's usually vague at best with no details. I've tried several Lds and they have usually the same answers all around. I've tried the library and local info centers. nothing.
Nautical charts, not detailed enough. I know I'm being picky I suppose but here is what I want...
A detailed list of all the coastal features, bays, coves, reefs, walls, points, I mean they must be registered somewhere. The names and perhaps descriptions(depths,access, etc.)
Maps of said features.
Lists of tried and trued dive sites, again details would be nice.
It's easy to get info on the same bunch of ultra popular sites but there has to bee literally hundreds of places to go and I want to compile some info on lesser known sites. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you.
I got a really old copy of Betty Pratt-Johnson's book "141 Dives" at a used book store in sidney. It was something like 6 or 7 dollars, and in virtually new condition. The book is excellent, and came in really handy for diving up in the parksville area as it lists lots of good shore dive sites i had never heard of before. If you want i can email you some directions from to a place like dolphin beach. Went there today and it was a really cool dive.

Hyper-limits:

I couldn't tell for sure, did that "tech" diver have a snorkel?

wedivebc:
I couldn't tell for sure, did that "tech" diver have a snorkel?
I'm not sure, but snorkels are very stylish this season in the tech diving scene. They make excellent mini air-lifts just in case you want to do some delicate excavating on a sandy bottom. Most serious divers use the neon pink or green ones as they seem to get the most admiring looks.

s****enstein:
I'm not sure, but snorkels are very stylish this season in the tech diving scene. They make excellent mini air-lifts just in case you want to do some delicate excavating on a sandy bottom. Most serious divers use the neon pink or green ones as they seem to get the most admiring looks.

I think this is a picture of same guy on the boat

You said you check at your library but did you ask about interlibrary loan? That is when they check to see if ANY library in the US has it and if they will loan it out. If all else fails it might give you a library that has it, they might be close. Unless it is a really rare and highly sought after book they will usually loan it out.

wedivebc:
I think this is a picture of same guy on the boat

That not me, I have three valves on my snorkels. One for each post and one on the
manifold between the snorkels. By the way wedivebc I dive with the manifold open :wink:

Cheers
Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom