9/9/08 Weigh In

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Well still hovering around 19 pounds lost. I ate out in restaurants three times this week. It's not hard to cut back on what you eat in restaurants but what gets me is the high salt content of the foods. I usually retain water for a couple days after a restaurant meal. I worked out 7 days this week. 5 days with a trainer and 2 without. Changed up my weight lifting routine and my cardio routine this week. Bought a couple of books over the last month to educate myself on how the body works. I even bought some index cards to make flash cards to quiz myself. Keep it up everyone!!! Please post how you are doing if you can and if you want to!!!

Haven't checked in in a while. I've been in and out of town - and am still running around.

Had a crazy 12 lb weight gain and loss within a 2 week period - after holding steady in the 45-50 - lbs down range from where I was last year. No change in diet. Pretty frustrating to ride 150 miles on my bike over a two day weekend and step on the scale and be up 8 lbs. (Especially since I was already up 4 at the start of the weekend due to normal periodic water retention.)

Back down now, even though I have (if anything) increased my consumption slightly out of frustration at eating so little and being up 20% of what I had lost.

Likely something medical going on - was evaluated for DVT (due to leg swelling - gee, I wonder where the 8 lbs were hiding out). No DVT, but no answers either. I have a follow-up appointment Tuesday. I suspect the doctor will be surprised to see a 12 lb loss from 2 weeks ago. I could see he was skeptical when I reported that a sudden gain that large without any apparent cause. (Yeah, really you've been weighing yourself daily and haven't been eating any more than usual...sure...)

Oh well. I'm back where I should be . . . without any diet or exercise change to get there either...

well done guys!!!

havent been on the scales for ages.... afraid to :shakehead:

I know the feeling. When I was up 12 lbs for no apparent reason, it was really hard to force myself to step on the scale. Even though I knew it wasn't a real weight gain, I knew it would make me feel really discouraged and want to eat. After all, if I'm gaining 12 lbs in a little over a week eating 1500 or so calories and burning as many calories as I did riding 150 miles on my bike, I may as well just give up. (It's hard enough that it looks as if I'm not going to be able to bump up consumption to around 2000 a day now that I've reached maintenance weight - but to put on weight when I am eating that little...)

But - daily weighing is how my grandmother kept her weight to within a few pounds of the weight she was when she married, and its how my mother is controling her weight related diabetes - so I've been forcing myself to hop on the scale. When I'm not traveling, I haven't missed more than two days in a row for the past year. (I started eating properly mid-September last year, but didn't weigh myself until Oct 1 - I like to be committed, and in the habit of eating properly before I find out how bad it really is.)

i use to do daily weighin... and then i broke my scales :(

on the plus side.. i KNOW ive lost weight, i see it on my clothes and in the past 3 weeks really noticed a difference with my car seatbelt

im back to using a food diary... ive found it really helps keep me focused

I agree Lorraine. A food diary keeps me honest. I've lost 3 lbs in the last couple of weeks so I'm satisfied. I don't know exactly how much since 9.9, but it's been at least 3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom